Contribute
Register

Achieving Native Resolution on Startup: Edit your VESA Tables (AMD/Nvidia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
no matter what i search for: 640, 1280, 1920 i find the width but the height is completly missing, not before, not after in the codeline there is anything that would make sense. 0061, 077F, 0BE0 are values that stand next to 1920 for example. 8007 (so 1920) is there 3 times.

its a Evga Geforce GTX 770 OC

i'm trying to achieve 1920x1080
i out my rom in the attachment

(i can't send pm's yet oliver)

Did you eventually manage to edit your GTX770 BIOS? If so, how? :)

I am having a little trouble. I have 2 EVGA GTX 660 in SLI. I dual boot between hackintosh (Yosemite) and Windows 8.1. I think my VESA resolution is 1024x768 (Because this displays in screen resolution properties under safe mode in Windows)

I have found the values for this resolution (00 04 00 03). Using 010 Editor, I search for 0004x0003

Only one result comes up. Which I read around and that's a good thing.

Then I try replacing it with the 1920x1080 value mentioned in OP. I do not highlight values to replace. I select the first number in each value and start typing, which in turn replaces the value. Replaced bios in both cards. Restart.

Resolution during post and clover bootloader is still the same. Nothing has changed. OS X now kernel panics. Windows doesn't load the graphics drivers as "there is a problem with the graphics drivers" as stated in device manager. Screen appears as if I have booted into safe mode.

I restore original bios from backup. Everything is back to normal.

What am I doing wrong? Am I correct in assuming my VESA mode is in 1024x768? Am I editing the wrong value? Does my card not support this patch?

I will add that everything in the current VESA mode appears as stretched, but not all the way out to the top or sides of the monitor. During this time while under VESA mode, my monitor itself is at 1920x1080. My monitor is an AOC e2243Fwk. I connect through DVI.

Thanks in advance!

Including attachment.

1. GK106.rom - Original Bios file.

2. GK106NEW.rom - Bios file with edit made as I have described.

Attachments

• GK106.zip
    111.6 KB · Views: 94
I have a GTX680 and i'm trying to modify the VBIOS to replace 1600x1200x8 x16 & x32 resolutions to 1920x1080x8 x16 x32. I got the VBIOS file, opened it with HexEdit on Hackintosh. 1600x1200 in FLIPED HEX is 40 06 B0 04 but a search is not returning anything.

I previously had a GTX480, and i had the exact same problem.

BTW i thought that card had already this resolution on the VESA Modes, since it's VESA 3.0 but it's not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Any luck to make it work with Clover? I don't know why but my patched VBIOS was working OK with Chameleon, while Clover ignores it. When using CMS driver I can see that VESA resolution it has available is 1600x1200, not 1600x1000.

EDIT: Not sure what happened, but Clover seems to use its own VESA table or smth. I had my VBIOS patched and it worked with Chameleon. Then I had to switch to Clover it stopped working. I've tried to patch VBIOS with Clover: no luck, in spite of the fact that I know particular bits to be replaced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back