Contribute
Register

Acer3830TG installation is still poor shutdown (sleep) and USB3.0 has not been solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to ask whether I can directly disable all USB in the BIOS, and then test whether the normal shutdown, in order to more determine whether USB caused the failure.

No idea... I can't see your BIOS settings from here.
But I don't really see the point... you should just plan on fixing your USB ports the correct way, as it is something you need to do anyway.

Note also your ACPI configuration is wrong.
Refer to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Ok, I'll try to fix it as you said.

Well, thank you

Reinstalled the system, finally accidentally found that the cause of shutdown restart is caused by LAN network card. If I do not install the LAN driver, the shutdown is normal. The following is the LAN part of DSDT. How should I modify it?

Device (GLAN)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00190000) // _ADR: Address
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
If (WOLE)
{
Return (Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
0x04
})
}
Else
{
Return (Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
Zero
})
}
}

Reinstalled the system, finally accidentally found that the cause of shutdown restart is caused by LAN network card. If I do not install the LAN driver, the shutdown is normal. The following is the LAN part of DSDT. How should I modify it?

Device (GLAN)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00190000) // _ADR: Address
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
If (WOLE)
{
Return (Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
0x04
})
}
Else
{
Return (Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
Zero
})
}
}

Make sure you disable "wake on lan" in BIOS and in SysPrefs->Energy Saver.

But both are already configured

But both are already configured

No idea what you mean by "configured".
And if you have an issue, you must describe it clearly and attach problem reporting files as per FAQ.

Two places have disable
No idea what you mean by "configured".
And if you have an issue, you must describe it clearly and attach problem reporting files as per FAQ.

The replacement of network card driver atherosl1cethernet.kext has been solved. Thank you very much for your help all the time, thank you! And upload it to someone who needs it.

Attachments

• AtherosL1cEthernet-1.2.3.zip
    241.2 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back