Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 91W
Graphics
Dual MSI GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Ok, so I purchased an X34 monitor and it looks amazing on my windows boot. However, a couple problems:

Problem 1: no screen displayed upon reboot. No bios, nothing. I had it connected with a Display Port cable.
Solution 1: on the advice of an IT friend I changed it out to an HDMI cable and now I have a display!

Problem 2: The display is only registering as a 1080p monitor. or rather.. it shows as an "Acer X34" but both native and scaled it's showing only 1080p.

Do I need some other setting to enable an ultra-wide display?

Solution: I used the display port cable that came with it rather than the longer one I had purchased and it works flawlessly, full resolution!

So either that length of cable is a no-go, or it was a bad cable.

Solution: I used the display port cable that came with it rather than the longer one I had purchased and it works flawlessly, full resolution!

So either that length of cable is a no-go, or it was a bad cable.

Or it was a cable that wasn't compliant with whatever version of the DisplayPort standard it claimed to support.

Beautiful High res Ultra-wide screen desktop:
desktop.png

I've connected my X34, running macOS High Sierra, but the only resolution option I have is 1280x1024. Any ideas how to fix this?

I've connected my X34, running macOS High Sierra, but the only resolution option I have is 1280x1024. Any ideas how to fix this?

Need a LOT more info:

How are you connecting it to your computer?
What video card?
What version of macOS?
What drivers are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back