Contribute
Register

Acer v3-772G Mavericks 10.9.1 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot have working brightness without QE/CI.

Why did you switch from Clover to Chimera? If anything, use Chameleon so you can set IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Wanna try Chimera, I'm back on Chameleon, Qe/Ci now works, but there is NO brightness slider :(

Wanna try Chimera, I'm back on Chameleon, Qe/Ci now works, but there is NO brightness slider :(

Post ioreg and I'll look at what you have.

here is IOReg

The problem is there is a conflict between SSDT-5.aml and SSDT-6.aml. Both define _SB.PCI0.IGPU._DSM. OS X will just throw them out if there are conflicts (not sure if it keeps the first or throws both out, and I'm not certain of the order in which they are loaded).

I generally use this patch on all my native DSDT/SSDT before starting to patch:
Code:
into_all method label _DSM remove_entry;

That way there is no possibility of an OEM _DSM (which are always unused by OS X), conflicting with a _DSM I'm trying to add.

Edit: Also you have DTGP defined multiple times: SSDT-5.AML and DSDT.AML. That isn't going to work (SSDT-5.aml will not be loaded). It is best to not use DTGP -- it is unnecessary. Take note how all my _DSM injection methods work.

BTW, you may be wondering how I figured this out... I used your ioreg to extract all the SSDTs and DSDT, placed them in a separate directory. Then I went there and did 'iasl -e SSDT*.aml -d DSDT.aml' in an attempt to disassemble them. In order for iasl to do this, it has to load all the specified files into an ACPI namespace, then disassemble the target. If it can't load them (because of duplicate methods/devices), then neither can OS X.

U have to find Intel MEI driver with tools (latest is version 9 i think)
when U find that MEI driver and tools run CMD as Administrator (this is VERY important)
and go to directory where exe file
after that make BACKUP (fptw64.exe -d output.bin -BIOS)
and after backup is saved on USB or some safe place
u can FLASH new BIOS(fptw64.exe -f modoutput.bin -BIOS)
Note:
(If U have x86 windows use fptw.exe)

I telling one more time
I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICK, DAMAGE OR FAILURE COUSED BY THIS METHODS

Ok, but can u give me link to fptw64.exe that you used?
Because I firstly download Intel MEI package where file fptw64.exe wasn't included, then i find other one, but when i want to do backup, it gives me error "Error 201 - cannot be run on current platform" :(

ps. I think i find, but now i have error = Error 8771: Invalid File

The problem is there is a conflict between SSDT-5.aml and SSDT-6.aml. Both define _SB.PCI0.IGPU._DSM. OS X will just throw them out if there are conflicts (not sure if it keeps the first or throws both out, and I'm not certain of the order in which they are loaded).

I generally use this patch on all my native DSDT/SSDT before starting to patch:
Code:
into_all method label _DSM remove_entry;

That way there is no possibility of an OEM _DSM (which are always unused by OS X), conflicting with a _DSM I'm trying to add.

Edit: Also you have DTGP defined multiple times: SSDT-5.AML and DSDT.AML. That isn't going to work (SSDT-5.aml will not be loaded). It is best to not use DTGP -- it is unnecessary. Take note how all my _DSM injection methods work.

BTW, you may be wondering how I figured this out... I used your ioreg to extract all the SSDTs and DSDT, placed them in a separate directory. Then I went there and did 'iasl -e SSDT*.aml -d DSDT.aml' in an attempt to disassemble them. In order for iasl to do this, it has to load all the specified files into an ACPI namespace, then disassemble the target. If it can't load them (because of duplicate methods/devices), then neither can OS X.

Thx for info, I'll try again with Ur advice (remove all _DSM) and patch all again.

PS
I think SSDT-6 i only for nVidia (when I turn off in bios GPU) SSDT-6 isn't in ACPI tables anymore
so if I make DropSSDT=Yes and don't put SSDT-6 in extra folder should it work (as I turned off?)

I need to have nVidia on (if I turn off my FAN is at 100%) and that is anoying, don't know why :(

Ok, but can u give me link to fptw64.exe that you used?
Because I firstly download Intel MEI package where file fptw64.exe wasn't included, then i find other one, but when i want to do backup, it gives me error "Error 201 - cannot be run on current platform" :(

ps. I think i find, but now i have error = Error 8771: Invalid File

I need to recover Windows 7 for that (and I'm currently working on Mac patching)
If U don't find soon right package I'll recover and upload it (I have struggled same and from 4 or 5 time I succeed)
And U MUST run CMD as ADMINISTRATOR (if don't error is given)
So don't give up :)

Thx for info, I'll try again with Ur advice (remove all _DSM) and patch all again.

And test your set of ACPI tables using the iasl command I mention. If you can't disassemble the set you plan to use, you still have issues...

PS
I think SSDT-6 i only for nVidia (when I turn off in bios GPU) SSDT-6 isn't in ACPI tables anymore
so if I make DropSSDT=Yes and don't put SSDT-6 in extra folder should it work (as I turned off?)

I don't understand the question. I'm not sure what would happen if you included ssdt-6.aml with the nvidia turned off... probably not a good idea. Your set of tables should reflect your actual setup.

I need to have nVidia on (if I turn off my FAN is at 100%) and that is anoying, don't know why :(

You should turn off nvidia via DSDT/SSDT edits instead. Doing so will involve figuring out what is wrong with the P8XH method though. Save that for after you get the brightness patch figured out.

And test your set of ACPI tables using the iasl command I mention. If you can't disassemble the set you plan to use, you still have issues...

I don't understand the question. I'm not sure what would happen if you included ssdt-6.aml with the nvidia turned off... probably not a good idea. Your set of tables should reflect your actual setup.

You should turn off nvidia via DSDT/SSDT edits instead. Doing so will involve figuring out what is wrong with the P8XH method though. Save that for after you get the brightness patch figured out.

I have edited again clean DSDT and SSDT tables, and put away DTGP from DSDT (have only in SSDT-5 for brightness)
But still I don't have brightness or sleep
(neither Audio have, ALC 282 relay on DSDT _DSM and DTGP inside(maybe have advice for that)

Maybe I will put much more effort into sleep (brightness later, sleep is more important)
so there is one line that bothering me
PXSX cannot assert wake from D3Cold

U know what that means? I have tried to delete all PXSX devices from DSDT (for test)
then I got
pci168c,2b cannot assert wake from D3Cold

so maybe USB or WLAN doesn't work (for sleep)

I have edited again clean DSDT and SSDT tables, and put away DTGP from DSDT (have only in SSDT-5 for brightness)
But still I don't have brightness or sleep
(neither Audio have, ALC 282 relay on DSDT _DSM and DTGP inside(maybe have advice for that)

Maybe I will put much more effort into sleep (brightness later, sleep is more important)
so there is one line that bothering me
PXSX cannot assert wake from D3Cold

U know what that means? I have tried to delete all PXSX devices from DSDT (for test)
then I got
pci168c,2b cannot assert wake from D3Cold

so maybe USB or WLAN doesn't work (for sleep)

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

As for sleep, what exactly is wrong with sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back