Contribute
Register

Acer V3 571g hangs on "Still waiting for root device" no matter what I try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing you could try is to clone the Unibeast volume to a small partition on SATA HDD and install Chimera on that HDD... Then you can boot your Unibeast partition directly from the HDD. That is easier to do if you have another (desktop) hack/Mac already because you can do it in OS X.

My BIOS is pretty locked up. No ideas.

Anyhow, marvelous idea. I'm past my issue by making a laptop hard drive the boot disk, and then having my SSD connected by USB. Let's just cross our fingers and hope it works.

Thanks for your help so far!

I can't get to the install screen without -v -f.

Once I do, my touchpad doesn't work, and connecting a USB mouse crashes it. Starting with a USB mouse <>

What boot flags did they use? Preparing a USB with Legacy something now.
Thanks

Another update. I was able to start the install (from usb) onto my SSD. It's installing now. I assume you went to sleep. I'll have to fix up anything else afterwards.

E - Booted into a very distorted operating system where multibeast failed to finish installing and booting resulted in a banshee sound that I had to shut off before I could read output. Will reinstall tommorow.

Was able to install. I'm at the desktop now, screen resolution is off, and it thinks that it is an iMac. MultiBeast doesn't work and I can't boot without -v -f

sometimes at boot it hangs with something about AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement or something.

Ideas?

Was able to install. I'm at the desktop now, screen resolution is off, and it thinks that it is an iMac. MultiBeast doesn't work and I can't boot without -v -f

sometimes at boot it hangs with something about AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement or something.

Ideas?

Did you try USBFix=Yes?
Also, though I have not tried it yet, but burning iBoot on a cd and trying usb install from there with usbfix flag.

Check your bios setup

I still can't boot without -v -f without getting a bluetooth error (?)

I have it installed, I used the rate matching thing on unibeast.

I had a similar issue that got resolved after I deleted AppleUSBXHCI.kext from IOUSBFamily.Kext and rebuilding caches.

Hey

Using unibeast method, paid for ML 10.8.2 2 days ago, USB prep went fine. I boot with -v, and it just gets stuck on "Still waiting for root device", no matter what I try.

I have tried all the different USB ports, updating IOAHCIsomething.kext, tried another kext called TotallyStillWaiting.kext, about 6 or 7 different boot options. I haven't gotten around it.

PS: I have swapped the original hard drive with Intel 330 SSD (120GB). I swapped them back with a normal hard drive with no avail.

Thanks.

When creating the Unibeast drive, try ticking the "Legacy USB Support" check box as well as the "Laptop Support" option.
I faced the same issue with my Samsung 350V5C not long ago, turned out I just needed to tick the "Legacy USB Support" box when creating a Unibeast drive.
Bit weird really since it's a brand new Laptop with an intel HM76 Chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back