Acer TravelMate P2 Kernel Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
weird thing is this. After setting Intel to default

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 12.40.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 12.40.12 AM.png
    259 KB · Views: 70
I wish somehow it could work? Is there really no possibility like turning off Intel graphic card and using this only. I tried with boot flag it booted file showing Nvidia Graphic card but with 4 mb Vram

You cannot turn off Intel in Optimus configuration.
You can only turn off Nvidia... (Nvidia is routed through the Intel device).

weird thing is this. After setting Intel to default

Disabling Nvidia guide is linked from the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

You cannot turn off Intel in Optimus configuration.
You can only turn off Nvidia... (Nvidia is routed through the Intel device).

Disabling Nvidia guide is linked from the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Okay I am trying very hard to disable Nvidia graphic card but I am not able too file what is said in the Guide. Mostly the OFF part is something I am not able to get. I am attaching files and code as said by you.
Please help me as I am trying it very hard

shreyans$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f827cc000 0x60000 0x60000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (5.0) 65E05472-6AE7-3308-8CC8-FA6CB0DB2AEE <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
<nothing>

I am attaching two files I edited but it didn't worked

Attachments

• IO.ioreg
    2.9 MB · Views: 87
  • RehabMan.zip
    57.1 KB · Views: 55
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
  • DSDT.aml
    102.3 KB · Views: 69
  • SSDT-12.aml
    13 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Okay I am trying very hard to disable Nvidia graphic card but I am not able too file what is said in the Guide. Mostly the OFF part is something I am not able to get. I am attaching files and code as said by you.
Please help me as I am trying it very hard

shreyans$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f827cc000 0x60000 0x60000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (5.0) 65E05472-6AE7-3308-8CC8-FA6CB0DB2AEE <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
<nothing>

I am attaching two files I edited but it didn't worked

_OFF is at _SB.PCI0.RP01.PXSX._OFF in SSDT-12.dsl.
The corresponding _INI is in the same file.
_OFF calls HGOF. HGOF has EC related code that will need to be moved to _REG.

Read the guide carefully.

_OFF is at _SB.PCI0.RP01.PXSX._OFF in SSDT-12.dsl.
The corresponding _INI is in the same file.
_OFF calls HGOF. HGOF has EC related code that will need to be moved to _REG.

Read the guide carefully.
Okay i tired to follow your guide and did changes in two files as I had only those two files according to guide. Although this command gave me name of almost all files "grep -l GFX0 *.dsl" but I have edited only SSDT- 12 and DDST. I copied those two file in ACIP/patched and did DropOem=true bit get this error. I am attaching those two files too. Please Help me what I am doing wrong

Next--> Even I have no files in ACIP/patched and do DropOem=True I get this same error

Attachments

• IMG_20170627_121047.jpg
    IMG_20170627_121047.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20170627_121645.jpg
    IMG_20170627_121645.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
  • DSDT.aml
    102.3 KB · Views: 81
  • DSDT.dsl
    772.7 KB · Views: 64
  • SSDT-12.aml
    12.9 KB · Views: 69
  • SSDT-12.dsl
    70.9 KB · Views: 60
Okay i tired to follow your guide and did changes in two files as I had only those two files according to guide. Although this command gave me name of almost all files "grep -l GFX0 *.dsl" but I have edited only SSDT- 12 and DDST. I copied those two file in ACIP/patched and did DropOem=true bit get this error. I am attaching those two files too. Please Help me what I am doing wrong

Next--> Even I have no files in ACIP/patched and do DropOem=True I get this same error

As per ACPI patching guide, if you have one patched SSDT in ACPI/patched all of them must be there, and you need DropOem=true, and SortedOrder to specify SSDT load order.

As per ACPI patching guide, if you have one patched SSDT in ACPI/patched all of them must be there, and you need DropOem=true, and SortedOrder to specify SSDT load order.
I even tried with all the SSDT files and I am also attaching them but still I got the same error. I do not know about the SortedOrder but can you put some light on that pleasse. I know I am annoying but that is only left 100% perfect build and after that I would make a guide for this laptop.I had to patch all SSDT as al was having GFX0 code.

Attachments

• amls.zip
    59.4 KB · Views: 90
I even tried with all the SSDT files and I am also attaching them but still I got the same error. I do not know about the SortedOrder but can you put some light on that pleasse. I know I am annoying but that is only left 100% perfect build and after that I would make a guide for this laptop.I had to patch all SSDT as al was having GFX0 code.

Read ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Example SortedOrder is provided in the guide plists (under #SortedOrder):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back