Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370
CPU
i5 9400F
Graphics
RX 470
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
its a cheap laptop with all aluminium body and a bad touch pad but i can say everything works

1638044461912.png

Core i5 7200U
  • replaced NVMe drive with Samsung 960EVO (slow boot problems so WD SN750 or even SN550 is a better choice). the original intel NVMe drive is causing enormous problems with freezing etc. so do not even try it
  • replaced Wifi with BCM43602
  • 1638044812761.png

working:
- iGPU HD620 full accelleration
- audio with microphone
- camera
- wifi
- bluetooth
- airplay to mac
- screen mirroring from iphone/ipad
- handoff+continutity
- imessages
- HDMI Out (only full HD resolution no 4k)
- 2 USB ports (1x 2.0 1x3.0)
- touchpad with gestures
- brightness keys (with karabiner)
- volume keys (native)
- sleep/wake

not working/not tested:
- HDMI Audio (not sure, not interested in testing it)
- the charging USB port
- filevault/encrypted disk boot
- card reader (should work oob)

config is for OC 0.7.5

attaching screenshots from OCC and the config itself - just make sure to generate new serial number in platforminfo and download the ACPI patches, kexts and UEFI drivers as shown on the below screenshots all within OCC

1638042671180.png

1638042732635.png

1638042849395.png

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
could you please share your EFI folder:)

why? its all written there. if you have questions on struggles, ask. i am not about to distribute others people builds and binaries. it wont help the community after the new builds are made.

I have Monterey working but for some reason Hackintool show that I have 0.66 instead of 0.75, (yes, I download the newest one 0.75), I'm not sure why this happened. My SSDT's,Drivers and Kext are different( using the latest ones). The system is very stable with wifi, bluetooth and sound working. Trackpad not work, but I don't need it.I guess I have to live with that annoying message every time I boot up. my only question is: The order of the Kext and drivers are important ?

i heard yes especially for bluetooth anyway your boot screen shows you the OC version. for trackpad you need the voodoops2 controller kexts.

Thanks for reply quickly , how can I change the order of the Kext and Drivers ? I'm not sure how to do it. That's why I ask for your EFI. I have Voodoops2 controller kext but I think there's something that I miss.

it goes top bottom so depends on your config editor. i instructed in the first post to use OCC there you just change the order with drag and drop. the order can be seen on the provided screenshots

Last night I created an EFI similar of yours, I always used OCC, and to edit use properTree; I will try drag and drop. Thanks.

The EFI I created follows the instructions works on my Acer SF314-51-57CP; Trackpad not work but is not necessary for me.

i have not tried but as the AppleALC.kext is being loaded after the opencore boot screen i can see no logical way how it could work before that without the kext. you would need to do all the ACPI patching in your config file instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back