Contribute
Register

Acer Revo One RL85 (Broadwell-Mini MacPro)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got myself the i3 version. At first it didn't work well but then the installer worked for some reason. I'm just installing it, curious if the HD 4400 will work well.

So I guess OSX should work ?
any news ?
Yes it works quite well. I ordered the replacement wifi/BT card, the stock one is not working as expected. HD4400 is working with the hint here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...pport-alternate-cpus-os-x-34.html#post1223071

I don't have the HDMI sound nor the ALC269VC but I usually use a Jabra BIZ 2400 USB device anyways. That is working natively PnP. I replaced the 4GB RAM stick with the 8GB one and installed a SSD.

So far so good!

One more thing: It suffers from the early reboot problem that I accept and it doesn't bother me.

And it's not a Broadwell anymore but Haswell.

Last edited:
I got myself the i3 version. At first it didn't work well but then the installer worked for some reason. I'm just installing it, curious if the HD 4400 will work well.

Hi Ed, I've got an RL85 with an i3 4005u and HD4400 and I'm having a right game getting it to behave on first boot after install - I was wondering if you had any luck with this setup and if so would you be able to help? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back