Contribute
Register

Acer Revo One RL85 (Broadwell-Mini MacPro)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9350 - Clover
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just found this beauty on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Revo-RL85-Nettop-White/dp/B00VM68JGI/

has Broadwell graphics, nice compact form factor, much better looking than any of the brix.nuc machines and more bang for the buck i think. Also there a lot of configuration. Just launching now in Europe.

If anyone can provide more info please post here.

there's this clip I found of a teardown. Really Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXaycy5TZMQ

If someone has this please post details, like hardware ID's and bios status (locked, etc)

Hi,

Just got mine today (Core i3 version), great looking thing. But the Windows install is full of crapware (Acer Style...)

About installing OSX on it, I've only tried a few times today but can't reach Installer :(

Turn off Secure Boot (cp from Acer website)

• Completely shut down your computer.
  • Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press Delete to enter UEFI / BIOS.
  • Use the right arrow key to select Authentication.
  • With Secure Boot highlighted, press Enter and then the down arrow to select Disabled.
  • Use the right arrow key to select Boot Options.
  • With Launch CSM highlighted, press Enter and use the down arrow to select Always.
  • Press Enter.
  • Press the F10 key to save changes and restart the system.

Now for the boot I've started with my usual USB Key made with Unibeast.
1st attempt "No Arg" : Reach grey Apple logo screen then nothing...
2nd attempt "-x": Same
3rd attempt "-x -v" : No error during loading, display the Starting Darwin x86-64 & the boot Args for 1/2 second and then Black Screen...
4th attempt "Big GUN : GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1, and npci=0x2000 -x -v" : Same, no error but black screen.

Tried with both the HDMI and the DP (with HDMI Adapter) with no change...
I welcome any suggestion or request for more information...

DJ

there's also cpus=1, dart=0, npci=0x3000. What is the cpu? Exactly? Maybe it's the graphic driver... try with inject intel with appropriate ig-platform-id. This is with Clover I suppose... If not it should be... Keep this updated please

• Intel Core i3 5010U 2.10 Ghz
  • Intel Express H81
  • Intel® HD Graphics 5500

Not using Clover, only Unibeast. Do you recommend using it ?

Great, already have a headache :p
Will give it a look later this week, but it looks bad, I'm not used to Clover and by luck I never had to play with DSDT or SSDT on my other desktop...

Guess I will move the discussion to the Installation Yosemite Desktop Support...

Anybody has something more concrete regarding Acer Revo One RL85?
Any success or total failure?

sebus

Looks like Acer trying to make downgraded square version of Apple Mac Pro desktop trashcan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back