Contribute
Register

Acer r3-471t occasionally wont wake up from sleep

Are sleep crash problem common in hackintoshes?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the files in ACPI/origin a fresh extract?
Hard to tell because you're modifying the timestamp on all files in the ZIP instead of capturing actual file timestamps...

No .. they were extracted before I made the hardware changes. So its like 5 days old.

No .. they were extracted before I made the hardware changes. So its like 5 days old.

Keep in mind you *must* re-extract, re-patch after any of the following:
- any hardware change
- any BIOS option change
- any BIOS upgrade

Keep in mind you *must* re-extract, re-patch after any of the following:
- any hardware change
- any BIOS option change
- any BIOS upgrade

Gotcha! Btw which USB ECHI patch should I use for my system? I was using 6 series

Gotcha! Btw which USB ECHI patch should I use for my system? I was using 6 series

It depends on what you're trying to fix and what hardware you have.
Your profile/signature does not indicate any laptop with 6-series chipset.

It depends on what you're trying to fix and what hardware you have.
Your profile/signature does not indicate any laptop with 6-series chipset.

Im trying to fix the sleep issue -- Sleep won't even work at all without the 6 series patch. The computer would go to sleep and restart while waking up.

Im trying to fix the sleep issue -- Sleep won't even work at all without the 6 series patch. The computer would go to sleep and restart while waking up.

The ACPI patching guide is linked from the FAQ.
Using a 6-series patch on hardware that is not 6-series doesn't make sense.

The ACPI patching guide is linked from the FAQ.
Using a 6-series patch on hardware that is not 6-series doesn't make sense.

[deleted]

Last edited:
Hey I have had repatched the dsdt, it works fine the majority of the time but the computer still crashes sometimes trying to fall asleep.

From my observation, sleep usually runs okay after a fresh boot but the crash is more likely during that day. I usually have 7-8 or even a lot more successful before a crash and the other time, it crashes even earlier. Thats the closest thing to a pattern I can come up with.

The following DSDTs:

"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT"
"Add IMEI"
"Layout 3"
"usb_prw_0x6d_xhc"
"PNLF"

Attachments

• Problem Reporting files.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Hey I have had repatched the dsdt, it works fine the majority of the time but the computer still crashes sometimes trying to fall asleep.

From my observation, sleep usually runs okay after a fresh boot but the crash is more likely during that day. I usually have 7-8 or even a lot more successful before a crash and the other time, it crashes even earlier. Thats the closest thing to a pattern I can come up with.

The following DSDTs:

"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT"
"Add IMEI"
"Layout 3"
"usb_prw_0x6d_xhc"
"PNLF"

Your USB configuration is wrong (plan on custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext). See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

You did not patch for IGPU PM (rename GFX0->IGPU).

Fix PNOT should not be applied with your hardware (as you have no reason to drop the OEM CPU SSDTs). Read the guide carefully.

Remove kernel flag darkwake=8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back