Win7
CPU
Intel i5 7200u
Graphics
GTX 940M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I have the laptop from the title, a Acer F5-573G that I am trying to get it to work. The configuration is:

I5-7200U
8Gb RAM
HD 620 + GTX950M

Now, i have followed the guides here i managed to do:

- install High Sierra
- disable the nvidia card using DSDT/SSDT patch
- camera
- audio working using VoodooHDA
- touchpad
- brightness control

System runs pretty stable but i am having problems with the sleep/wake up.

I fallowed the guide and used ssdtPRGen to generate a custom SSDT.aml.

Now:
- when i close the lid, seems that only the display is turned off, fan is still spinning, and when i try to power back on i get the screen from the attachment.
- when i use the menu option to "sleep" the display/fan turns off, but when i try to get it to wake up i get the same screen.

Any pointers on what could be wrong or what patch i am missing? For the config I've used the HD620 template from rehabman git repo(thanks dude for doing this).

Attached my clover folder(stripped down)

Attachments

• 20180126_111427.jpg
    20180126_111427.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
Hello,

I have the laptop from the title, a Acer F5-573G that I am trying to get it to work. The configuration is:

I5-7200U
8Gb RAM
HD 620 + GTX950M

- install High Sierra
- camera
- touchpad
- brightness control

Now:
- when i close the lid, seems that only the display is turned off, fan is still spinning, and when i try to power back on i get the screen from the attachment.
- when i use the menu option to "sleep" the display/fan turns off, but when i try to get it to wake up i get the same screen.

Any pointers on what could be wrong or what patch i am missing? For the config I've used the HD620 template from rehabman git repo(thanks dude for doing this).

you may want to setup your USB properly:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

you are also using:
<key>PluginType</key>
<true/>
which is fine but with that, you don't need to use ssdtPRGen to generate a custom SSDT.aml

also you may want to upload all problem reporting files as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
use the tool provided

also check the FAQ for proper hardware profile setup :)

Hello,

I5-7200U
8Gb RAM
HD 620 + GTX950M

- install High Sierra
- camera
- touchpad
- brightness control

Now:

Read here regarding patched EDID via display override file:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Thank you, i'll have a tray later today and see if manage to get it working.

Thank you for the help!

Seems the EDID trick did the job, now the laptop goes to/recovers from sleep using menu option and lid.

Did the EDID edit as per the guide, but I get a weird issue:

When I bot it up, the colours are "scrambled" as per the screenshot. If I put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up, the colours are then fine and it works OK

PS: tried different monitor modes in the FixEDID software...one of them didn't yield any results, the rest of them did the corruption thing..

Attachments

• 20180127_195149.jpg
    20180127_195149.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Thank you for the help!

Seems the EDID trick did the job, now the laptop goes to/recovers from sleep using menu option and lid.

Did the EDID edit as per the guide, but I get a weird issue:

When I bot it up, the colours are "scrambled" as per the screenshot. If I put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up, the colours are then fine and it works OK

PS: tried different monitor modes in the FixEDID software...one of them didn't yield any results, the rest of them did the corruption thing..

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi,

I've attached the error reporting files, generated by the helper script

Attachments

• debug_523.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 48
Redid the Backlight control using the link, display glitch still persists. Backlight control functional(was functioning before to). Attached 2 problem reporing zip files, one before i put it to sleep and with the display glitch present and one after i go trough a sleep->wake up that clears the glitch.

Only UEFI boot option in bios, if i try legacy no boot devices (uefi only in clover install if i remember corectly)

Backlight control is not implemented correctly.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

And make sure you enable CSM/legacy boot in BIOS.

Hello,

Attachments

• problem reporting - with display glitch.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 38
  • problem reporting - without display glitch.zip.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
Redid the Backlight control using the link, display glitch still persists. Backlight control functional(was functioning before to). Attached 2 problem reporing zip files, one before i put it to sleep and with the display glitch present and one after i go trough a sleep->wake up that clears the glitch.

Only UEFI boot option in bios, if i try legacy no boot devices (uefi only in clover install if i remember corectly)

Hello,

Did you implement a display override?
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back