CPU
i3-6006U
Graphics
HD 520, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I've installed 10.8.5 on a Acer Aspire v5 571.
The main problem now is Wifi: The internal card (very uncomfortable to remove) is a Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222. Bluetooth is working now (I've applied the firmware update kext) but I can't get the Wifi working.
I've tried a Atheros AR5B195 without any success, maybe there's a whitelist ad RehabMan says in a post.
Any suggestion?

Hi, I've installed 10.8.5 on a Acer Aspire v5 571.
The main problem now is Wifi: The internal card (very uncomfortable to remove) is a Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222. Bluetooth is working now (I've applied the firmware update kext) but I can't get the Wifi working.
I've tried a Atheros AR5B195 without any success, maybe there's a whitelist ad RehabMan says in a post.
Any suggestion?

AR5B195 needs to be enabled in software (the device id is not natively supported). See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

All you need is toledaARPT.kext.

You would probably know if there was a whitelist as the BIOS would show an error and disable the card. If you see the card active in DPCIManager, then there is no whitelist.

Hi Rehab, are you talking about the AR5B195 or the Atheros AR5BWB222 could be used too?

AR5B195. AR5BWB222 is not supported.

AR5B195. AR5BWB222 is not supported.

Thank you for your quick and helpful reply!

Even if to dismantle again this laptop is a pain, I'm trying again to mount the AR5B195. Last time I'd brick the touch, now I left it disconnected. If connected, the laptop won't boot. I really don'k know why..
Anyway... let's try again!

Due to the Toleda's post, I don't need other than his kext..
As you can see, the Wifi is now recognized but can't see any network.
Do you have any suggestion?

Attachments

• 2014-01-06 17.13.02.jpg
    2014-01-06 17.13.02.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,334
Due to the Toleda's post, I don't need other than his kext..
As you can see, the Wifi is now recognized but can't see any network.
Do you have any suggestion?

Make sure you have vanilla IO80211Family.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext installed. There is no need to tamper with either of those kexts.

Also verify that the hardware is working in either Windows or Linux.

Make sure you have vanilla IO80211Family.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext installed. There is no need to tamper with either of those kexts.

Also verify that the hardware is working in either Windows or Linux.

The Wifi is working fine in my other laptop on 10.8.5
There's a place where I can find those two kexts untouched?
and...
thank you for you time!

Edit: googled and got them. Attempting to install!

The Wifi is working fine in my other laptop on 10.8.5
There's a place where I can find those two kexts untouched?
and...
thank you for you time!

Edit: googled and got them. Attempting to install!

Best not to trust downloads from the Internet. The best way to get untouched kexts is to do a fresh install. You can also find them on your Unibeast USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back