Stock Acer TC-885
CPU
Intel Core i5-8400
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey,
I have an Acer Aspire TC_885 with an i5-8400 and integrated graphics. Is this compatible with macOS Mojave and could anyone link a guide that is best suited for these specs? I just copied these from the Best Buy website, if you want more detailed information, please reply.
Here are the specifications:

Hey,
I have an Acer Aspire TC_885 with an i5-8400 and integrated graphics. Is this compatible with macOS Mojave and could anyone link a guide that is best suited for these specs? I just copied these from the Best Buy website, if you want more detailed information, please reply.
I have the same computer, except I have dedicated graphics, and I'm currently trying to install High Sierra. I'll get back to you if I can actually get it working.

Hey,

WiFi / Bluetooth most likely won't work on MacOS Mojave. The motherboard in the computer is an unknown.

Check the BIOS setup of the computer to see if the options in the Installation Guide (especially XHCI Handoff) are available. If not you may not be able to install MacOS on it.

Hey,
Yes, it’s compatible. I can upload my EFI folder if that’s easier although you might have to patch it for the integrated graphics. I’m using dedicated. Everything except the WiFi and Bluetooth works. I’m running High Sierra.

Acer XC 885 works using UHD 630 graphics, tested with Opencore on Catalina 10.15.3 . Framebuffer patching had to be done but it was straightforward just following the guide.

However, after upgrading to 10.15.4 screen goes black after booting up. just need to unplug and plug the hdmi cable but I think this is just an OS issue.

I have yet to replace the wifi/bluetooth card, still waiting for it in the mail. :)

Yes, it’s compatible. I can upload my EFI folder if that’s easier although you might have to patch it for the integrated graphics. I’m using dedicated. Everything except the WiFi and Bluetooth works. I’m running High Sierra.

can you upload your EFI please. I would like to install it too.

Acer XC 885 works using UHD 630 graphics, tested with Opencore on Catalina 10.15.3 . Framebuffer patching had to be done but it was straightforward just following the guide.

However, after upgrading to 10.15.4 screen goes black after booting up. just need to unplug and plug the hdmi cable but I think this is just an OS issue.

I have yet to replace the wifi/bluetooth card, still waiting for it in the mail. :)

Which guide did you use to get yours going?

Which guide did you use to get yours going?

I used this. https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/

initially I got black screen due to frame buffer issues so I used boot flag -igfxvesa and it got me to boot up. next step was to add the proper frame buffer in which i used the Bus ID iGPU patching at https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/extras/gpu-patches.html#iGPU-BusID-Patching

worked well with 10.15.3. after upgrading to 10.15.4 there is a black screen again after dmos but it gets resolved by unplugging and then re-plugging. back the HDMI. I think this is just a macOS issue that will be resolved in next update.

Last edited:
Is it possible to share your efi ? I tried the guide but keep getting stuck

Is it possible to share your efi ? I tried the guide but keep getting stuck

sure. remember to edit the parts with INPUT DETAILS. by the way I preferred Macmini8,1 not like the one in the guide.

Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 10.17.54 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI-OC-acerxc885.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 262
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back