Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire R5-471T Can't boot Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
We tried that, but the only OS that he can download from the app store is Sierra. When we search for El Capitan, only sierra shows up.

App Store -> Purchases. Don't forget to remove any copy of "Install OS X El Capitan.app" (including from the trash).

App Store -> Purchases. Don't forget to remove any copy of "Install OS X El Capitan.app" (including from the trash).

Thanks Rehabman, actually just figured that out as you typed that, hence the edit on my previous post.

Edit: Actually we checked his purchase history and are downloading another copy of El Capitan. Not sure if this is newer than the version i was previously using.

You will get current 10.11.6, and I think with all security updates...

You will get current 10.11.6, and I think with all security updates...

So I tried 10.11.6 and I end up with the same issue. I thought it might have been since I reused my config.plist, but I receive the same KP when using a fresh unedited plist from rehabman's GitHub. Not exactly sure where to go from here

So I tried 10.11.6 and I end up with the same issue. I thought it might have been since I reused my config.plist, but I receive the same KP when using a fresh unedited plist from rehabman's GitHub. Not exactly sure where to go from here

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Don't forget to fill out your profile as requested in post #1 of my guide. Before your next reply.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Don't forget to fill out your profile as requested in post #1 of my guide. Before your next reply.

So this morning I noticed that my laptop has a bios update available. I updated the bios and tried to boot the same USB without any changes and finally was able to boot the installer. :D:D:D

Only issue now is that my trackpad was not working, but keyboard is. This is not a huge deal, since I connected a usb mouse and can navigate the installer that way. I also noticed that the installer was able to successfully detect my m.2 ssd.

Now that I have a bootable installer I will look into resizing my efi partition to dual boot win 10/osx.

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm sure i'll need to continue this thread to get everything working post install.

I also wanted to add the version of bios i was on for anyone one else that stumbles on this thread looking to do the same thing with the same laptop.

My bios was version 1.03, and i updated to 1.05 before i got it working.

So i finally installed OSX, but after the installer reboots, I can't see my SSD as a boot option in clover. It only lists the USB installer. Is there something that i am missing?

So i finally installed OSX, but after the installer reboots, I can't see my SSD as a boot option in clover. It only lists the USB installer. Is there something that i am missing?

Forgot HFSPlus.efi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back