Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire M5-481PT install help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reinstalled off of my usb again and did the power management tutorial only. I still can't boot normal and can only boot -x. Now my keyboard doesn't work and had been previously working. I did a -v and this is what I got and it just sat there.

It is a graphics problem. Boot with "IGPEnabler=N -x dart=0 -v" until you can fix it. You will need to inject the proper ig-platform-id for your graphics. Usually it depends on your screen resolution.

I also get this error every time I log in-
The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer

I don't know if its because I have a 20GB SSD that is in the computer also that I haven't touched.

It is because you have a disk with a no partitions that OS X recognizes. Solution is to partition it with OS X Disk Utility and use it for something.

I was just able to get a DSDT for my computer. So stoked, I should be able to just use multibeast and load it if I'm not mistaken. Guy also sent me the kexts her used too and a SSDT. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

I was just able to get a DSDT for my computer. So stoked, I should be able to just use multibeast and load it if I'm not mistaken. Guy also sent me the kexts her used too and a SSDT. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

It is not a good idea to use a DSDT from another computer unless you are 100% certain that the computers are exactly alike. That means same BIOS version, same amount RAM, same PCI configuration, same BIOS settings, same motherboard, etc.

It is best to patch your own DSDT.

Great news!!!!!!!!! I can run Mavericks without being in safe mode. I got some kexts from another person and loaded those up with kext beast and I have everything (except wifi which I knew.)

Now the only downside is that I have to have my install USB plugged in to the computer to be able to boot anything. Any ideas?

Great news!!!!!!!!! I can run Mavericks without being in safe mode. I got some kexts from another person and loaded those up with kext beast and I have everything (except wifi which I knew.)

Now the only downside is that I have to have my install USB plugged in to the computer to be able to boot anything. Any ideas?

Without further information on exactly what you installed and what the error is when you attempt to boot from your HDD, no... no ideas.

Without further information on exactly what you installed and what the error is when you attempt to boot from your HDD, no... no ideas.
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Sounds to me like you did not install a boot loader.

Sounds to me like you did not install a boot loader.
I have chameleon on my usb. I'll load it tomorrow. I should be good after that right?

I have chameleon on my usb. I'll load it tomorrow. I should be good after that right?

Nevermind, I got it figured out and now I'm booting with no problems from my USB. This is so sweet and I'm so stoked. Thank you for your help. Off to research USB wifi dongles and ones to replace inside my computer. :clap:

Okay I think it's time for me to explain what you to do after I successfully install mavericks 10.9 and also successfully update to 10.9.3 just fine on mine just now.

Tools You will need from tonymacx86 Downloads : Chimera 3.0.1 , UniBeast 3.0.1 and of course MultiBeast - Mavericks 6.2.2

1 - Create your Installation USB drive using UniBeast 3.0.1
2 - Make sure you edit the " org.chamelon.Boot.plist " file located in the Installation's USB drive /Extra Folder as below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-f dart=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

3 - Okay now your ready to install!! Let's reboot into the installation drive and remember! !!!!DONT ADD ANY KERNEL FLAGS!!!! just select the USB and let it do its magic ;-). P.S: (You can use -v if you want to)

4 - Install OS X Mavericks as usual :) (I used MacintoshHD as my main HDD)

5 - After Installation successful!! Restart into Unibeast USB and select the MacintoshHD with the flag " dart=0 ".

Now lets's get to it!!!

6 - First of all install your bootloader using Chimera 3.0.1 straight to MacintoshHD

7 - Open terminal and type the commands below to show hidden files or use a show hidden files application:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE (Press Enter)

killall Finder (Press Enter)

8 - Open Finder and open MacintoshHD and select the "Extra" and Move to trash (Yes I said it!!! Delete)

9 - Now copy the "Extra" folder from the Installation USB drive to MacintoshHD

10 - Open the newly copied Extra folder inside MacintoshHD and open the "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" using TextEdit and edit it as below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-f dart=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

11 - After Save and close the changes open Terminal type the commands below to hide files:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE (Press Enter)

killall Finder (Press Enter)

You are Almost done Now...

12 - Reboot the computer into the Unibeast USB Installation and as follow to http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

* Open Disk Utility and Right Click "MacintoshHD" and Unmount then Close Disk Utility

* Open Terminal and Type :
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2 (Press Enter)

exit (Press Enter)
Close Terminal

13 - Select the Apple Logo Top Left and Shutdown.

Last but not least unplug the Unibeast Installation USB and boot normally, Install the 10.9.3 Combo Update, restart and ENJOY!!!!!!

Now we all next kexts to get the wireless working lol (Please help me too)

Thanks tonymacx86 and everyone I hope I was helpful and clear enough in my descriptions of thing :-D.
I have attached the final Extra folder from MacintoshHD.
BTW I used multibeast to get sleep successfully to work.

Attachments

• Extra.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 131
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back