2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, i'm Arie from Rotterdam, the Netherlands.

The MacBook Pro, this one (13"; late 2012), has some issues, like a cracked screen and a (at times) not responding trackpad. Still it's running High Sierra fine, even with the old thunderbolt screen (without front glass).
Anyway i 'needed' a new laptop, but didn't have the money for a real MacBook Pro (i'm saving at the moment) and bought an Acer with Windows 10. A very nice 'machine' with a SSD (256GB) and HDD (1TB), even two graphics cards, for a third the price.

I didn't even know you could run MacOS on non-Apple hardware until my nephew, living in Australia, came with the term "Hackintosh" ... that was new to me.

So that's where i am now. I found out about this site and forum and i even had the Apple logo on the Acer screen !

There it stopped. For now ...

I'm gonna take on the challenge ! Hope you're going along ...

Arie
-><-

Hi all, i'm Arie from Rotterdam, the Netherlands.

The MacBook Pro, this one (13"; late 2012), has some issues, like a cracked screen and a (at times) not responding trackpad. Still it's running High Sierra fine, even with the old thunderbolt screen (without front glass).
Anyway i 'needed' a new laptop, but didn't have the money for a real MacBook Pro (i'm saving at the moment) and bought an Acer with Windows 10. A very nice 'machine' with a SSD (256GB) and HDD (1TB), even two graphics cards, for a third the price.

I didn't even know you could run MacOS on non-Apple hardware until my nephew, living in Australia, came with the term "Hackintosh" ... that was new to me.

So that's where i am now. I found out about this site and forum and i even had the Apple logo on the Acer screen !

There it stopped. For now ...

I'm gonna take on the challenge ! Hope you're going along ...

Arie
-><-

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Thanks mister RehabMan.

I'm following your lead.

Arie
-><-

I downloaded a fresh version of MacOS "HighSierra" and made a copy to the DeskTop.

Is it just me ... but after a while an install-file (unused) just disappears ...

I'm gonna setup a folder, on my Mac, with all i need ...

-><-

I downloaded a fresh version of MacOS "HighSierra" and made a copy to the DeskTop.

Is it just me ... but after a while an install-file (unused) just disappears ...

I'm gonna setup a folder, on my Mac, with all i need ...

-><-
yes, it will remove the installer after installing

I have two SanDisk USB-sticks ... one 16GB and an 32GB.
Why do i get those warnings about SanDisk? Those sticks work for me.

There's a lot to learn besides MacOS ...

I had a stick with 'CloudReady'. When you stick that stick in Windows you get 50+ partitions ...

Is it allowed, on this site, to talk about Windows solutions ?

<win+r>
diskpart
list disk
select disk n

be sure you have the right disk !!!

clean

And clean it is !

Apple doesn't do it, Windows itself doesn't do it.

Arie
-><-

I have two SanDisk USB-sticks ... one 16GB and an 32GB.
Why do i get those warnings about SanDisk? Those sticks work for me.

There's a lot to learn besides MacOS ...

I had a stick with 'CloudReady'. When you stick that stick in Windows you get 50+ partitions ...

Is it allowed, on this site, to talk about Windows solutions ?

<win+r>
diskpart
list disk
select disk n

be sure you have the right disk !!!

clean

And clean it is !

Apple doesn't do it, Windows itself doesn't do it.

Arie
-><-
not sure what you are asking, sorry! :)

Mr. FearTech,

I want to apologize to you!

I hope i can still make use of your apps and forum in the future.
I didn't mean any harm.

I'm sorry.
Thanks.

Arie
-><-

Mr. FearTech,

I want to apologize to you!

I hope i can still make use of your apps and forum in the future.
I didn't mean any harm.

I'm sorry.
Thanks.

Arie
-><-
no worries :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back