Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire F 15 (F5-573-725L) Anyone work with Captain_SK MOBO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Aspire F5-573 / Captain_SK (Clover)
CPU
i7-7500U 2.70 GHz / Intel Kaby Lake Rev 02
Graphics
Intel HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there. I was able to install MacOS HS on this and boot up. I followed tonymaxx086 instructions but....

the following are NOT working as yet....

1) Keyboard and trackpad (although usb kb and mouse work)
2) Backlite control (screen appears to be in battery mode - dimmed)
3) Sound
4) Wifi
5) battery?

I am able to access the internet and browse ok using Safari.

I want to resolve #1 2 and 3 before I resolve the rest, but I am having an issue to determine what kexts to inject. There is no cross reference to this MOBO and I am not familiar with it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

System as follows;
Acer Aspire F 15 (F5-573-725L):

Intel Core i7-7500U @ 2.70GHz
Motherboard Acer Captain_SK
Insyde v1.27 BIOS (UEFI mode with Secure Boot disabled) ... no other available options to change.
12 GB Memory
240 HB HDD
Intel HD Graphics 620 (Kaby Lake)
Intel HDA Intel PCH
HD Webcam

Many thanks....

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support

Hi there. I was able to install MacOS HS on this and boot up. I followed tonymaxx086 instructions but....

the following are NOT working as yet....

1) Keyboard and trackpad (although usb kb and mouse work)
2) Backlite control (screen appears to be in battery mode - dimmed)
3) Sound
4) Wifi
5) battery?

I am able to access the internet and browse ok using Safari.

I want to resolve #1 2 and 3 before I resolve the rest, but I am having an issue to determine what kexts to inject. There is no cross reference to this MOBO and I am not familiar with it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

System as follows;
Acer Aspire F 15 (F5-573-725L):

Intel Core i7-7500U @ 2.70GHz
Motherboard Acer Captain_SK
Insyde v1.27 BIOS (UEFI mode with Secure Boot disabled) ... no other available options to change.
12 GB Memory
240 HB HDD
Intel HD Graphics 620 (Kaby Lake)
Intel HDA Intel PCH
HD Webcam

Many thanks....

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back