Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello All,

I am working on putting OSX Mountain Lion onto this machine, and would love some help with the DSDT. I know some specs will not work, but would appreciate your help with this.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Attachments

• asuslaptop.rar
    27.5 KB · Views: 113
Hello All,

I am working on putting OSX Mountain Lion onto this machine, and would love some help with the DSDT. I know some specs will not work, but would appreciate your help with this.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Not sure what you have attached here? Is it your extracted DSDT? Or is it patches?
I renamed the file with the file extension of .aml (for a DSDT) and it won't open.

I take it you can boot without a DSDT?
If you can, extract your DSDT with either MaciASL or DSDT Editor in OS X and use the patches that I have attached.
They are for the Acer Aspire 5750G but I don't think there is much difference between the two?

There is already a thread on the Acer Aspire 5750G but as I said, I don't think there is much difference. Check it out, particularly this post as is will help with the DSDT http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...50g-mountain-lion-unibeast-13.html#post485667

Attachments

• Aspire 5750G-general.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 307
  • Aspire 5750G-HDMIaudio.txt
    3 KB · Views: 203
Hi,

Thank you for your response. I had to zip (rar) the extracted DSDT file as it would not load without doing as such. I will try and grab a better version and post very shortly.

Thank you again for your help.

Tru

Hi, *

Here is a better copy of the DSDT file; please let me know if you have any questions.

I have been trying to get OSX Lion 10.7.5 & Mountain Lion 10.8.3 to load on it without a DSDT, but it continues to hang with "waiting for root device"

Any help would be appreicated.

Attachments

• Acer.zip
    32.6 KB · Views: 180
Hi, *

Here is a better copy of the DSDT file; please let me know if you have any questions.

I have been trying to get OSX Lion 10.7.5 & Mountain Lion 10.8.3 to load on it without a DSDT, but it continues to hang with "waiting for root device"

Any help would be appreicated.

Not sure what you are doing but the DSDT that you are extracting do not open for me.
With DSDT Editor extract and patch your own.

DSDT Editor
- Boot OS X without a DSDT in /Extra
- Open DSDT Editor
- File > Extract DSDT
- Patch > Open > Locate Aspire 5750G-general.txt > Apply > Close
- IASL > Compile > Fix warnings (don't worry if they don't go away, warnings are ok) > Close Compile
- IASL > Save AML as... > DSDT.aml
- Put newly created DSDT.aml in /Extra

Also try booting with -f and tell me if that boots.

Hi,

That defintely cleared out the errors within the DSDT, but it boots to the same place currently.

It appears like it is going to load, but then hangs with the apple logo (right before loading into the desktop screen); also i am unable to move the mouse or use the keyboard. I have booted with -f -v without success. .

I am rereading the post you linked earlier to see if I am using bad kext files or if there is some other issue. If you have a zip file of all the necessary kexts I would appreciate it.

Thanks again for your support.

Tru

Hi,

That defintely cleared out the errors within the DSDT, but it boots to the same place currently.

It appears like it is going to load, but then hangs with the apple logo (right before loading into the desktop screen); also i am unable to move the mouse or use the keyboard. I have booted with -f -v without success. .

I am rereading the post you linked earlier to see if I am using bad kext files or if there is some other issue. If you have a zip file of all the necessary kexts I would appreciate it.

Thanks again for your support.

Tru

Ok good, for me it has been a long time since I used Chimera/Chameleon. I currently use Clover which I find best and I only have to use minimal kexts which are:
Code:
AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext <<< Battery
AppleACPIPlatform.kext <<< Battery
AppleHDA.kext <<< Audio
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext <<< HDMI Audio
VoodooPS2Controller.kext <<< Trackpad 
IOBluetoothFamily.kext <<< Added vendorID and productID in info.plist to enable more functionality [not really required]
[b]FakeSMC.kext <<< Mandatory kext to boot OS X [/b]

I will link you to the post in the forum where you can download a zip with all the kexts that are said to be needed.

Click here

EDIT: To make it boot try booting with cpus=1 or with -x then you may be able to install extra kexts

Hi

Sorry for the long delay in repsonse; been dealing with terrible IRL stuff. I am back, and tried to download the files you mentioned but I continuously get a decompression failure notice when downloading.

Is there an alternate link I could try?

Hi

Sorry for the long delay in repsonse; been dealing with terrible IRL stuff. I am back, and tried to download the files you mentioned but I continuously get a decompression failure notice when downloading.

Is there an alternate link I could try?

Here

T1hom7as,

First, thank you very much for your continued support. I am farther than before! - it boots through the load screens into a white screen where i can move the mouse, but it will not load the desktop.

I have tried the following to work through it:

fresh install - 10.8.2 - white screen/mouse
npci=0x3000 -v = white screen/no mouse
GE=No -v = white screen
-v - f -x = boots! only basic functionality though (no touchpad, no sound) but everything else appears to be working at this time!

Do you have any recommendations for not having to boot with -v -f -x?

Thanks again for your help.

Tru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back