Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire 5750G with Mavericks (10.9) Clover Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
What drivers are you using in Clover?

I am using all the ones selected from the guide in this page. I even copied your clover over for testing (the one in the zip) and also used all the kexts you included other than nullcpumanagement.. This got to me so much, I did a fresh install and still a no go. I see the apple intel manager and lpc are loaded, so I know that much is working....

I am using all the ones selected from the guide in this page. I even copied your clover over for testing (the one in the zip) and also used all the kexts you included other than nullcpumanagement.. This got to me so much, I did a fresh install and still a no go. I see the apple intel manager and lpc are loaded, so I know that much is working....

If you are using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi make sure you don't have OsxLowMemFix-64.efi.

There has been troubles with sleep for a while since 10.8.2 booting via UEFI on Clover.
Please see here: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3061

You may be able to contribute to get it working with your system, I know that its pretty much the same as mine but there may be some slight differences. Also some people on ProjectOSX may be able to help with your problem.

EDIT: What revision of Clover are you using? It might be worth upgrading to the latest release.

You are choosing sleep from the Apple menu?

RehabMan, so when I first tested going to sleep from the Apple menu, I had my BT dongle in, so that wasn't a "fair" test. I just realized this and took it out. To my surprise, it went into sleep mode properly. This still doesn't explain to me why when I set it from energy (1 minute to sleep) it isn't.. Do you have ideas for me?

RehabMan, so when I first tested going to sleep from the Apple menu, I had my BT dongle in, so that wasn't a "fair" test. I just realized this and took it out. To my surprise, it went into sleep mode properly. This still doesn't explain to me why when I set it from energy (1 minute to sleep) it isn't.. Do you have ideas for me?

It will probably take a little longer than a minute. And it could depend on what services you have running.

Check with:
Code:
# in Terminal
pmset -g assertions

If you're running various "server tasks" then you computer will not autosleep.

Also check for the darkwake flag -- it can break autosleep.

It will probably take a little longer than a minute. And it could depend on what services you have running.

Check with:
Code:
# in Terminal
pmset -g assertions

If you're running various "server tasks" then you computer will not autosleep.

Also check for the darkwake flag -- it can break autosleep.

So I check my assertions and all of them = 0, When I took the darkwake=0 flag out of startup, it doesn't even attempt to fall to sleep. I find this problem strange as I am running the same PC as many people here, virgin installed w/ problem still persisting.

My clover is the latest version and I am running the exact setup as listed in this thread.

I know sleep is one of the harder things for people to get running, I am just more confused that so many people are running it fine and even if I select it from the Apple menu, it works. Then again with my limited understanding of sleep, I am not too surprised.

So I check my assertions and all of them = 0, When I took the darkwake=0 flag out of startup, it doesn't even attempt to fall to sleep. I find this problem strange as I am running the same PC as many people here, virgin installed w/ problem still persisting.

My clover is the latest version and I am running the exact setup as listed in this thread.

I know sleep is one of the harder things for people to get running, I am just more confused that so many people are running it fine and even if I select it from the Apple menu, it works. Then again with my limited understanding of sleep, I am not too surprised.

I used sleep last night and saw that I kept getting woken up. I'm now going to try this in the installer:
Code:
 Optional RC Scripts > disable sleep proxy client

Maybe you could try the same if you are having problems with sleep.

I have been successfully installed mavericks with process u provided here.
Everything is working wifi ethernet bt touchpad with three fingure, Sound.

The problem is when Sometime i start my computer it is slowly boot and after reaching to desktop cursor moves slowly apps safari everything work slowly.
i mean slow motion

what could be the problem

I hav Aspire 5755 i3 4gb Dual boot win8+MV

Please give some solution

Attachments

• config.plist
    2.3 KB · Views: 256

My understanding is that sleep is not reliable with 6-series chipset and Clover, due to limitations typical in their UEFI BIOS (something to do with nvram).

You might try Chameleon instead...

The problem is when Sometime i start my computer it is slowly boot and after reaching to desktop cursor moves slowly apps safari everything work slowly.
i mean slow motion

Please give some solution

- - - Updated - - -

i mean slow motion

Please give some solution PLZ

The thing I never understand is how to recognize the correct touchpad I have WITHOUT disassembly my 5750g.

This because, when I use Windows, both ELAN and Synaptics works...

Now I've installed Mavericks on a USB drive with Unibeast, installed the kexts found in this thread, installed Chameleon as bootloader and extracted and patched DSDT.aml.

Everything works, expect wifi (I know it will never works, 'cause I have the Broadcom one), wakeup from sleep (just led blue on, but no onscreen view) and...touchpad! Only the arrow, left and right buttons works. I can't even drag 'n' drop an icon to tray...

I've tried both ELAN and Synaptics kexts found here...can you please help me solving this problem (or even the one about wakeup)?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

EDIT: after installing boot loader with MultiBeast, the touchpad stops to work (nothing happens), while keyboard and external USB mouse works. In MultiBeast I just flagged FakeSMC and Chimera bootloader. No drivers or something like that used.

RE-EDIT: I finally recognized it as a Elan touchpad. So I've found the right .kext for it and everything works fine. Obviously, your guides were a Holy Bible for me.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back