Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire 5750G with Mavericks (10.9) Clover Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you booting with 'Switchable' graphics?
What are you using for sound? AppleHDA?? Where from? You may need to patch your own for your own nodeID's.
I booted all the time with switchable no i change it to integrated. SO let's see what happen.

Btw: Can i use Parallels Desktop? I need Windows just for CProgramming with visual Studio Express 2010.

In my extensions folder is a AppleHDA.kext file
How can i patch my own?

So I noticed today that my 5750 isn't going into true sleep, the monitor just shuts off. I am not usingt NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, so I am sure it isn't this... Are you guys sure your builds can go into sleep mode? If so, ideas what it could be? I was trying to read the ACPI specs and found that _S1 - _S4 should contain 1 value of Either SS1-SS4 (usually SS3) to work properly, I had some errors with the DSDT I obtained from here also, I am sure it can be cleaned pretty easy in Maciasl (random /tnot errors, etc..) but nothing that should relate to sleep.. Please let me know...

----FIXED (fixed my computer not going to sleep) I cleaned an old section in my DSDT from a leftover network card (Atheros making it Airport friendly, I don't have this network card as mine is oob friendly) and regenerated my SSDT.. It still wasn't working after this, but then it finally went to sleep w/ darkwake=10 after 4 minutes of wait. So sleep is working now.

Wait for 10-20s to make it sleep, it's how Mavericks work.

Wait for 10-20s to make it sleep, it's how Mavericks work.

I waited like 2 minutes for my test, still no luck, one of my legacy builds works fine on sleep with Mavericks, this Uefi one is the one I am having issues with.

I waited like 2 minutes for my test, still no luck, one of my legacy builds works fine on sleep with Mavericks, this Uefi one is the one I am having issues with.
Use the command in terminal to know problems:
Code:
pmset -g assertions

Use the command in terminal to know problems:
Code:
pmset -g assertions

Assertion status system-wide:
BackgroundTask 0
PreventDiskIdle 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
UserIsActive 0
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 0
InteractivePushServiceTask 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
ExternalMedia 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 0
NetworkClientActive 0
No kernel assertions.

You are choosing sleep from the Apple menu?

to get sleep working faster on my 5750G i used this command:

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]pmset -g | grep hibernatemode[/FONT]
//edit: With this Code Line u can see which hibernatemode u use.

then:

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0[/FONT]

Then the Data will not saved on the hard drive, it will stay on the RAM. --> faster Sleep, faster wakeup

You are choosing sleep from the Apple menu?

Yes, I set my sleep down to one minute, test it that way , and I test by clicking my power and selecting the one that says sleep.. I wait like 2 minutes and my power button led is still on ( monitor black though.)

Yes, I set my sleep down to one minute, test it that way , and I test by clicking my power and selecting the one that says sleep.. I wait like 2 minutes and my power button led is still on ( monitor black though.)

What drivers are you using in Clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back