Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire 5750G with Mavericks (10.9) Clover Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having problems to install os x. I boot to usb clover but it does not show my usb with mavericks installer

You can install for just Windows 7 and OS X. You will still need to use Ubuntu or a Linux to have access to GParted (you can install Ubuntu onto a USB and use LiveUSB)
Also when you are installing Windows 7 you will want to try and install via UEFI (I believe it can be done in Win7). If you can get access to an ISO image or create one from an original DVD. If you use http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/ it should create an installer for UEFI.

I have included kexts for the Synaptics touchpad, if you want ElanTech then I think this should work: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282328-elan-touchpad-driver/

Sorry only English here.

So first ein need UEFI BIOS working! That i have done.

So my next step will be formatting my harddrive

So one Partition for EFI
one For Mac
and one for WIndows

and it must be gpt-partitions or?

How big must the Efi partition be?

So first ein need UEFI BIOS working! That i have done.

So my next step will be formatting my harddrive

So one Partition for EFI
one For Mac
and one for WIndows

and it must be gpt-partitions or?

How big must the Efi partition be?

Use GParted and create a GPT disk.

Then create the first partition and call it EFI with a 200MB storage and set the boot flag on the partition.

Then create a FAT32 partition for a placeholder for Windows.

Finally create a HFS partition for OS X.

Please read the guide.

Sorry T1hom7as I screwed up really bad my computer and could not recover it till now.
I am going to start from scratch. I have my disk partitioned with gpt. EFI 200mg, fat32 for windows (gonna format to ntfs within win7 install), another fat32 going to be a ntfs for storage and two hfs+ partitions for mac and mac backup.

I just need some help to create the mavericks installer. I used a little program called diskmaker x I guess. It created successfully the usb installer and it seemed ok till I boot my usb with clover and it did not detect the usb os x intaller :(

EDIT: I think I know why clover did not detect my usb install! My usb was gpt formatted, now I am downloading mavericks again and will create another usb install, this time mbr!

Sorry T1hom7as I screwed up really bad my computer and could not recover it till now.
I am going to start from scratch. I have my disk partitioned with gpt. EFI 200mg, fat32 for windows (gonna format to ntfs within win7 install), another fat32 going to be a ntfs for storage and two hfs+ partitions for mac and mac backup.

I just need some help to create the mavericks installer. I used a little program called diskmaker x I guess. It created successfully the usb installer and it seemed ok till I boot my usb with clover and it did not detect the usb os x intaller :(

Make sure you install Windows first on the GPT disk.

You can use this guide here to create a USB installer: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/ap...how-to-create-a-bootable-usb-to-install-os-x/

Ok I think you just ruined my theory lol

The usb should be in gpt or mbr?

Thanks

Ok

Im still downloading mavericks, my internet connection sucks :(
The problem was that last time I downloaded mavericks, if I did that Show Package Contents, it was nothing like the tutorial you linked me. It didnt have 2 files inside. So wierd...I will try again when finished downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back