Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire 5745 10.6.4 update crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says the guy with an Apple logo as his avatar.... I'm not looking for responses from an Apple Fanboy. There are PLENTY of laptops out there that run OSX hassle free out of the box. I have seen them with my own eyes. My Dell Mini 9 runs OSX right out of the box, sound, graphics, battery icon, networking, everything works just fine, so don't try and tell me that there's no such thing as a hassle free OSX installation on a PC.

If you're going to respond with "just get a macbook" you might as well not reply at all.

I paid under $600 for my laptop BRAND NEW and it has a Core i5 processor with 4GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive. If you can find me a Macbook with comparable specs for under $600 I will gladly buy it, but I know for a fact that for those kind of specs you're not gonna find a Macbook for under $1,000

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as snippy, I've just been trying to get the sound to work on my laptop for 2 months now and on every forum I've posted on the response is always "buy a macbook"

So to get audio working....
Either DSDT or HDAEnabler method:

1) DSDT.
Check for AZAL or HDEF section in your DSDT. Replace or edit with this. The key thing is the _DSM bit, check your address _ADR and _PWR is same. If not, then use whats in your DSDT.
Code:
            Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                	Store (Package ()
                		{
             			    "codec-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x0D, 0x01, 0xEC, 0x10		//ALC 269 10EC 010D?
                            }, 

"layout-id",
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00		//Layout ID 0x000C=Dec12
							},

"device-type",
   							Buffer (0x06)
   							{
   								"ALC269"
   							},

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (0x01)
                            {
                            	0x00
                            }
                         }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                } 

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
                {
                    0x05, 
                    0x04
                })
            }

You might need to include also the deviceID of the audio chip, like below, but changing the hex numbers to be whatever your chip is (find with lspci command, either in Linux or go download PCIToolsv-3.0.0 for OSX):
eg: mine shows:
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 02)
Code:
               // preceding bit as above..           
                        Store (Package ()
                		{      "device-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0xd8, 0x27, 0x00, 0x00		//Intel DevID  27d8
                            },
               // then the rest as above
Also, add near start, say after _WAK, the DTGP bit:
Code:
//end of previous section, just to show you need to set Method (DTGP at same "indent" level as previous section.
//    }

Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)
    {
        If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
                {
                    /* 0000 */    0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44, 
                    /* 0008 */    0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B
                }))
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg1, One))
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Store (Buffer (One)
                        {
                            0x03
                        }, Arg4)
                    Return (One)
                }

If (LEqual (Arg2, One))
                {
                    Return (One)
                }
            }
        }

Store (Buffer (One)
            {
                0x00
            }, Arg4)
        Return (Zero)
    }

// Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized) // showing where to put the DTGP bit, before WAK
   //{

Then add to your /Extra/Extensions the following enclosed kexts, reset permissions and ownership on the added kexts, and rebuild cache for Extensions.mkext in /Extra.
Audio.zip
- AppleHDA_No_Enabler
- IOAudioFamilyALC269
- OSvLibKernDSP

2) Alternate approach.If you dont use a DSDT in /Extra, then try with these kexts:
- AppleHDA
- IOAudioFamilyALC269
- OSvLibKernDSP

If it does work, Im sure you'll see all sorts of errors on kernel log, but one step at a time! Keeping fingers crossed...

Attachments

• Audio.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 278
iphoneblogr said:
Says the guy with an Apple logo as his avatar.... I'm not looking for responses from an Apple Fanboy.
:D
That "Apple Fanboy" as you call it is the Local Genius of the forum... ;)

There are PLENTY of laptops out there that run OSX hassle free out of the box. I have seen them with my own eyes. My Dell Mini 9 runs OSX right out of the box, sound, graphics, battery icon, networking, everything works just fine, so don't try and tell me that there's no such thing as a hassle free OSX installation on a PC.
Ever wondered how these "wear" ? Compare that with a MacBook...

If you're going to respond with "just get a macbook" you might as well not reply at all.
Hmmm.... Get a MacBook Pro then :p

iphoneblogr said:
Sorry, didn't mean to come across as snippy, I've just been trying to get the sound to work on my laptop for 2 months now and on every forum I've posted on the response is always "buy a macbook"
WHOAHAHAHAHAHAHA :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now you also know why you should Get a MacBook...
That is, unless the 2 months you spent are worth less than the $400 diff you stated you saved :p

I think i found the solution to crash problem.After many tries

On mine the problem was caused by :

/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext

i removed that ,rebooted with -f installed the update and voila !!!!!!!

This solution doesn't work for me either, trying to update acer 5745g with i3 processor and gt420m graphics to 10.6.6 using combo update. Installed 10.6.3 using retail DVD restored to USB drive and nawcom's modUSB. Need 10.6.6 to use nvidia updater from tonymac

When you update look in System/Library/extensions and while update delete this two kexts AppleIntelHdGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHdGraphicsFB.kext and all updates work perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back