GA-h270n-wifi
CPU
i5 7500
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I have a similar laptop that I am trying to boot with Mojave (Acer Aspire 5 A515-51-83MT), however I have not been able to get to the mojave desktop, only through to the installer off the USB. I have attached my Clover .zip and a few Verbose pictures.

Verbose 1: when trying to launch installer from internal SSD
Verbose 2: after about 15-20 mins of install, this will come up and restart laptop
Verbose 3: This will then be the last screen before a reboot in a loop (constantly until a force shutdown)
Verbose 4: the final screen that I got when i tried to boot in safe mode

I have been using different parts of peoples kext files, but I am completely new to this, and spent a lot of time reading through the beginner material, including the FAQ and guides.

Any help would be great, thanks

Attachments

• Verbose 4.JPG
    Verbose 4.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
  • Verbose 3.JPG
    Verbose 3.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
  • Verbose 2.JPG
    Verbose 2.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 71
  • Verbose 1.JPG
    Verbose 1.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 65
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 58
Hi all,

I have a similar laptop that I am trying to boot with Mojave (Acer Aspire 5 A515-51-83MT), however I have not been able to get to the mojave desktop, only through to the installer off the USB. I have attached my Clover .zip and a few Verbose pictures.

Verbose 1: when trying to launch installer from internal SSD
Verbose 2: after about 15-20 mins of install, this will come up and restart laptop
Verbose 3: This will then be the last screen before a reboot in a loop (constantly until a force shutdown)
Verbose 4: the final screen that I got when i tried to boot in safe mode

I have been using different parts of peoples kext files, but I am completely new to this, and spent a lot of time reading through the beginner material, including the FAQ and guides.

Any help would be great, thanks
i have given you your own thread

also please do not cross post duplicates to other threads

you should only use FakeSMC or VirtualSMC not both

@lostnfound

(1) Does your Acer Aspire 5 have just the Intel 620 gpu that's part of the motherboard, or does it have an Nvidia gpu?
(2) What is the cpu model & which Intel family is it in? This is important because config.plist settings depend on it.
(3) What's the WIFI card model? (And is the currently installed WIFI card the same as the originally installed one, or was it replaced. If it was replaced, what's the replacement model?)

Something you might try if nothing else is working:

- in CLOVER/driver64UEFI, remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi; replace with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and EmuVariableUefi.efi

- for the initial install you may not want Clover to be hiding the Preboot option. So in config.plist, where you currently have /GUI/Hide/Item 0 -- String -- Preboot, change the Hide to #Hide. (Putting the # symbol in front of Hide disables that entry, so it keeps Preboot from being hidden. After you complete the main part of the initial installation of Mojave, you can change #Hide back to Hide so that you won't see the Preboot option every time you boot the computer.)

I have been working on a somewhat similar model Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-30BQ. The components may be different enough that my experience won't help you much. But I found that the latest Clover config.plist files I tried from RehabMan weren't working for me. I ended up getting a Clover template file from the sourceforge repository and modifying it to try to fit the laptop.

@lostnfound

(1) Does your Acer Aspire 5 have just the Intel 620 gpu that's part of the motherboard, or does it have an Nvidia gpu?
(2) What is the cpu model & which Intel family is it in? This is important because config.plist settings depend on it.
(3) What's the WIFI card model? (And is the currently installed WIFI card the same as the originally installed one, or was it replaced. If it was replaced, what's the replacement model?)

Something you might try if nothing else is working:

- in CLOVER/driver64UEFI, remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi; replace with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and EmuVariableUefi.efi

- for the initial install you may not want Clover to be hiding the Preboot option. So in config.plist, where you currently have /GUI/Hide/Item 0 -- String -- Preboot, change the Hide to #Hide. (Putting the # symbol in front of Hide disables that entry, so it keeps Preboot from being hidden. After you complete the main part of the initial installation of Mojave, you can change #Hide back to Hide so that you won't see the Preboot option every time you boot the computer.)

I have been working on a somewhat similar model Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-30BQ. The components may be different enough that my experience won't help you much. But I found that the latest Clover config.plist files I tried from RehabMan weren't working for me. I ended up getting a Clover template file from the sourceforge repository and modifying it to try to fit the laptop.

Hey Warty,

I ended up being able to boot, god only knows how.

In response to your questions:

1. Mine only has Intel UHD620 graphics
2. CPU is i7 8550U
3. I just changed my wifi card to a broadcom mondel and it is working fine (was Atheros before and wouldnt work).

I am using an EFI folder that i have taken from another user with a very similar model. I replaced all files in my /EFI/Clover with his files, and I am still having some problems configuring things:

1. My screen resolution is only 738p instead of 1080p, as my screen resolution will allow, and as such,
1a. I believe my Intel Graphics aren't being picked up properly, as I tried to load a video online (not HD), and it wouldn't let me.
2. My trackpad is not being pickup up in the system preferences, and can only be used when i have set it to "basic mode" in BIOS

Have you got any tips or can tell me where I should start looking from problems? I've attached my clover file.

Cheers

Attachments

• Acer-A515-51G-Hackintosh-no_wifi.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back