Acer A515-51-592H (Clover)
CPU
Intel Core-i5 8250U (100-Series)
Graphics
Intel UHD 620 (1080p)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I buyes a new laptop this week and I am trying to work on the DSDT to improve some things.
The Model is Acer Aspire 5 (A515-51-592H).

OS is macOS 10.13.4
some hardware data:
CPU: Intel Core i5-8250U
Graphic: Intel UHD Graphics 620
SSD: 256GB M.2

Actually a lot of things are working fine.
Whats not working:
- fast battery drain
- no wifi (incompatible wifi-card, will be replaced soon)
- backlight control of the screen cant be adjusted by FN Keys (arrow left and right)
- also some other FN keys
- hibernation doesnt seem to work correctly (see first issue)

I guess thats all for the moment.

I already extracted the ACPI files with clover and decompiled them. The Files are attached. Unfortunatly I didnt found reference material for this laptop. The DSDT.dsl file contains a lot of errors. Most of them "object not found". I already checked if there are some simple brace errors but most of the objects are properly defined at some point.
It would be nice if somebody could help me fixing this errors compile this thing.

Edit:
I could remove most of the errors by applying the common patches. But there are some left.
DSDT attachment is updated.

best regards,
spigandromeda

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    133.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Hi,

I buyes a new laptop this week and I am trying to work on the DSDT to improve some things.
The Model is Acer Aspire 5 (A515-51-592H).

OS is macOS 10.13.4
some hardware data:
CPU: Intel Core i5-8250U
Graphic: Intel UHD Graphics 620
SSD: 256GB M.2

Actually a lot of things are working fine.
Whats not working:
- fast battery drain
- no wifi (incompatible wifi-card, will be replaced soon)
- backlight control of the screen cant be adjusted by FN Keys (arrow left and right)
- also some other FN keys
- hibernation doesnt seem to work correctly (see first issue)

I guess thats all for the moment.

I already extracted the ACPI files with clover and decompiled them. The Files are attached. Unfortunatly I didnt found reference material for this laptop. The DSDT.dsl file contains a lot of errors. Most of them "object not found". I already checked if there are some simple brace errors but most of the objects are properly defined at some point.
It would be nice if somebody could help me fixing this errors compile this thing.

Edit:
I could remove most of the errors by applying the common patches. But there are some left.
DSDT attachment is updated.

best regards,
spigandromeda

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back