Graphics
Intel HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I installed 10.10 on my Acer Aspire 3830TG using Clover and am very pleased so far.

No audio device is detected and I am not really sure which audio adapter the notebook uses. All I found so far is that there is a Conext-driver.

Also the notebook has one USB3.0 port which doesn't work. What do I need to fix that?

Can anyone help me with getting these things to work?

Bonus: The notebook contains a Nvidia GeForce GT 540M. In BIOS I disabled it in favor of the Intel HD3000. Is there a way to make that work too?

I installed 10.10 on my Acer Aspire 3830TG using Clover and am very pleased so far.

No audio device is detected and I am not really sure which audio adapter the notebook uses. All I found so far is that there is a Conext-driver.

Also the notebook has one USB3.0 port which doesn't work. What do I need to fix that?

Can anyone help me with getting these things to work?

Bonus: The notebook contains a Nvidia GeForce GT 540M. In BIOS I disabled it in favor of the Intel HD3000. Is there a way to make that work too?

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches for patched AppleHDA are covered in the DSDT/SSDT patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

The discrete graphics capability in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported with OS X on hacks. Best you can do is disable the discrete part with SSDT/DSDT patches.

---

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hey Rehabman,
at first thanks for all the hard work you put into getting people up and running with their Hackintosh-projects.

1. Regarding patching AppleHDA:
- I followed your tutorial, extacted all .dsl files (via clover F4)
- copied the ones beginning with DSDT and SSDT to a folder

dsl.files 2015-04-05 17-38-26.jpg
- When filtering the ACPI-files according to your tutorial I'd have to delete all files but ... because all contain Scope (\_PR.CPUx). That doesn't seem right. What am I doing wrong?
Also how do I find my codec? I would like to use Vanilla AppleHDA (if possible). What do I need to make that work?

2. I've got another problem for now:
After installing OS X my laptops keyboard and trackpad didn't work.
I installed ApplePS2Controller.kext & AppleACPIPS2NUB.kext and now the keyboard works but the trackpad still doesn't. Any ideas?

Attachments

• dsl.files 2015-04-05 17-37-11.jpg
    dsl.files 2015-04-05 17-37-11.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 355
- I followed your tutorial, extacted all .dsl files (via clover F4)

Clover does not extract .dsl files. It extracts .aml files and you must disassemble into .dsl...

- When filtering the ACPI-files according to your tutorial I'd have to delete all files but ... because all contain Scope (\_PR.CPUx). That doesn't seem right. What am I doing wrong?
Also how do I find my codec? I would like to use Vanilla AppleHDA (if possible). What do I need to make that work?

Post your files if you need help.

2. I've got another problem for now:
After installing OS X my laptops keyboard and trackpad didn't work.
I installed ApplePS2Controller.kext & AppleACPIPS2NUB.kext and now the keyboard works but the trackpad still doesn't. Any ideas?

Which trackpad is in your laptop?

Clover does not extract .dsl files. It extracts .aml files and you must disassemble into .dsl...

Yeah of course I disassembled them into .dsl files.
Here are my disassembled files:
View attachment Acer-Aspire-3830TG-DSDT.zip

Which trackpad is in your laptop?

It's an Elantech touchpad so I tried installing EMlyDinEsH's driver from here http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index....and-focaltech-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/. However upon booting I got a kernel panic (using the latest version 4.2). After removing the driver in single user mode I tried the older version 3.8.5 and still got a kernel panic.
What did I do wrong?

Yeah of course I disassembled them into .dsl files.
Here are my disassembled files:
View attachment 132922

All the SSDTs are not needed. (they are either PTID or CPU related).

It's an Elantech touchpad so I tried installing EMlyDinEsH's driver from here http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index....and-focaltech-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/. However upon booting I got a kernel panic (using the latest version 4.2). After removing the driver in single user mode I tried the older version 3.8.5 and still got a kernel panic.
What did I do wrong?

You should contact the author.

OK, that makes it a tad easier. In your guide you've written

With patched AppleHDA, there are two patches that are needed in conjunction with the kext:
"Audio Layout 12" (change the layout-id from 12 to the one used by your DSDT)
"IRQ Fix"

I found out my Sound-chipset is Conexant CX20588 and found a patched AppleHDA for it here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite

My DSDT contains no layout-id. Do I have to install the patched AppleHDA first or how do I determine it? I'm a little bit confused by your explanation.

Also the WiFi doesn't work. Some pages list the WiFi adapter as Intel(R) Centrino
(R) Advanced-N 6205 (which won't work at all). Some list it as Atheros AR9287. Do you have any advice regarding that.

EDIT: @rehabman: I installed your latest VoodooPS2 driver and have now working touchpad and keyboard, I also installed your general USB 3.0 driver and the one USB 3.0 port on the notebook now works.
BUT ever since installing these drivers I get a lot of white screenartifacts on both internal display and display connected via HDMI. What could be the cause of this?

I found out my Sound-chipset is Conexant CX20588 and found a patched AppleHDA for it here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite

My DSDT contains no layout-id. Do I have to install the patched AppleHDA first or how do I determine it? I'm a little bit confused by your explanation.

You have to look inside the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext as described in the guide to determine the layout-id that was used.

Also the WiFi doesn't work. Some pages list the WiFi adapter as Intel(R) Centrino[/FONT](R) Advanced-N 6205 (which won't work at all). Some list it as Atheros AR9287. Do you have any advice regarding that.

Find out what you have with DPCIManager->PCI List.

EDIT: @rehabman: I installed your latest VoodooPS2 driver and have now working touchpad and keyboard, I also installed your general USB 3.0 driver and the one USB 3.0 port on the notebook now works.
BUT ever since installing these drivers I get a lot of white screenartifacts on both internal display and display connected via HDMI. What could be the cause of this?

USB and PS2 have nothing to do with graphics. Make sure you repair permissions & rebuild cache.

The sound still isn't working (not even the audio device is shown).
Here's what I did:

- Got a patched AppleHDA for my Conexant CX20588 from this page http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/ and installed it using Kext Wizard
- I extracted DSDT using Clover F4 method. Patched it using the latest MaciASL and your IRQ Fix as you described (changed the audio layout ID to 3, there was only one HDAConfigDefault entry)
- Saved the patched DSDT.aml
- mounted EFI partition, placed DSDT.aml in Clover/acpi/patched

Now when I boot I get these messages in the boot-log (still booting and working but so audio-device):

Apr 6 15:28:44 Teufels-MBP com.apple.kextd[20]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"
Apr 6 15:28:44 Teufels-MBP kernel[0]: Dependency com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib of kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA failed to load.

Apr 6 15:28:44 Teufels-MBP kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA failed to load (0xdc008015).

Apr 6 15:28:44 Teufels-MBP kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (error 0xdc008015).

Apr 6 15:28:44 Teufels-MBP com.apple.kextd[20]: Failed to load AppleHDA.kext - (libkern/kext) dependency load failed.

Apr 6 15:28:44 Teufels-MBP com.apple.kextd[20]: Load com.apple.driver.AppleHDA failed; removing personalities from kernel.

Apr 6 15:28:49 Teufels-MBP com.apple.kextcache[494]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext AppleHDA.kext

Apr 6 15:29:01 Teufels-MBP com.apple.kextcache[494]: Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDA; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Apr 6 15:29:30 localhost kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 1400

Apr 6 15:29:31 Teufels-MacBook-Pro.local com.apple.kextd[20]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"

Apr 6 15:29:31 Teufels-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Dependency com.apple.driver.DspFuncLib of kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA failed to load.

Apr 6 15:29:31 Teufels-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA failed to load (0xdc008015).

Apr 6 15:29:31 Teufels-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (error 0xdc008015).

Apr 6 15:29:31 Teufels-MacBook-Pro.local com.apple.kextd[20]: Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext - (libkern/kext) dependency load failed.
Apr 6 15:29:31 Teufels-MacBook-Pro.local com.apple.kextd[20]: Load com.apple.driver.AppleHDA failed; removing personalities from kernel.

The sound still isn't working (not even the audio device is shown).
Here's what I did:

- Got a patched AppleHDA for my Conexant CX20588 from this page http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/ and installed it using Kext Wizard
- I extracted DSDT using Clover F4 method. Patched it using the latest MaciASL and your IRQ Fix as you described (changed the audio layout ID to 3, there was only one HDAConfigDefault entry)
- Saved the patched DSDT.aml
- mounted EFI partition, placed DSDT.aml in Clover/acpi/patched

Now when I boot I get these messages in the boot-log (still booting and working but so audio-device):

Something is wrong with the AppleHDA you installed. As if it is not for Yosemite... Note: The one I see at your link has multiple entries for HDAConfigDefault... Maybe you downloaded the wrong kext. Double check your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back