Contribute
Register

accidentaly ran EVERYTHING in multibeast and restarted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: accidentaly ran multibeast and restarted

I installed EVERY option in multibeast by accident, and now my S/L/E folder has 229 items. I'm sure they are not all supposed to be there, especially since I don't have an NVIDIA gp.

Deleted voodooHDA and AppleHDA and tried re-installing ALC8XXHDA along with the rollback. The speakers now pop on startup but it's still not recognizing the sound card in System Preferences.

Something tells me I have a lot of kexts to delete, but not sure which ones.

here's everything in the S/L/E folder

P1020432.JPG
P1020434.JPG
P1020435.JPG

Attachments

• P1020434.JPG
    P1020434.JPG
    473.9 KB · Views: 97
  • P1020435.JPG
    P1020435.JPG
    450.5 KB · Views: 100
  • P1020432.JPG
    P1020432.JPG
    461.4 KB · Views: 104

P1020436.JPG

P1020437.JPG

Attachments

• P1020436.JPG
    P1020436.JPG
    423.3 KB · Views: 110
  • P1020437.JPG
    P1020437.JPG
    348.7 KB · Views: 104
oh jeez don't say that. Got a feature length doc on here that i'm working on. it's booting ok and everything seems to work but the sound. I guess I can just go through kexts one by one and figure out if i need them.

beetles said:
I installed EVERY option in multibeast by accident, and now my S/L/E folder has 229 items. I'm sure they are not all supposed to be there, especially since I don't have an NVIDIA gp.

Deleted voodooHDA and AppleHDA and tried re-installing ALC8XXHDA along with the rollback. The speakers now pop on startup but it's still not recognizing the sound card in System Preferences.

Something tells me I have a lot of kexts to delete, but not sure which ones.

*Run multibeast and see what drivers you installed. You may delete them and reboot, then install only the drivers i have mentioned before.
*If this does not work for you , Start Installation from the scratch.
*Better keep your drivers inside E/E.
Most of the drivers doesn't need to be in SLE. I only have AppleHDA inside SLE, The others are in EE. By this way i keep SLE clean and more fault tolerant.

check system utilitys,ALC8XXHDA, and applehda rollback should work

tried to delete some stuff and it went freeze-o on the reboot. doing a fresh re-install now and hoping that the migration assistant will be able to save my stuff without importing the boogers.

I'm so glad there are no more snow leopard updates. I'm just going to stay with what I got until the project is done.

:banghead:

beetles said:
tried to delete some stuff and it went freeze-o on the reboot. doing a fresh re-install now and hoping that the migration assistant will be able to save my stuff without importing the boogers.

I'm so glad there are no more snow leopard updates. I'm just going to stay with what I got until the project is done.

:banghead:

There will be an 10.6.9 update for Snow Leopard.
You should install only necessary kexts until you boot without errors. You can deal with sound later.

oh we are way way beyond kexts now. tried reinstalling and now my mobo won't even POST. Going on a hike today into a beautiful tropical valley with some crazy friends. Will try and forget until later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back