Graphics
ATI 5870
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was trying to figure out how to get audio working with 10.6.8 update and downloaded latest version of multibeast. Ran through the installation windows and got to the custom install screen and forgot that those aren't programs and installed everything and restarted. Now my computer shows the mac hd icon and the multibeast apple. when I hit the down arrow keys I get a list to choose from including boot, boot verbose, boot ignore caches, boot single user, memory info, video info, and help. Regular boot makes it KP. The other stuff doesn't work so hot either.

Boot verbose is showing problems trying to find the nvidia card I don't have. Is there any way to unstuck myself here?

Re: accidentaly ran multibeast and restarted

I just popped out the macHD and am making a backup of all my files tonight just in case.

beetles said:
I was trying to figure out how to get audio working with 10.6.8 update and downloaded latest version of multibeast. Ran through the installation windows and got to the custom install screen and forgot that those aren't programs and installed everything and restarted. Now my computer shows the mac hd icon and the multibeast apple. when I hit the down arrow keys I get a list to choose from including boot, boot verbose, boot ignore caches, boot single user, memory info, video info, and help. Regular boot makes it KP. The other stuff doesn't work so hot either.

Boot verbose is showing problems trying to find the nvidia card I don't have. Is there any way to unstuck myself here?

Try to boot with ibootcd and delete VoodooHDA kexts inside S/L/E. If it doesnt work then boot vith verbose and post the screenshot here. then i can see what error causes kp.

wow that took a while just to find the iboot disk. hiding in plain site.

iboot kp'd so I pulled the hard drive and hooked it up to my mini10v and deleted the voodoohda stuff, put it back in the tower, and it booted up. some of my system prefs got changed around but everything looks ok.

One big difference is on the startup I get to the multibeast screen and it makes me choose my MacHD instead of just running that one like it did before. Also there is no more little blue bar as it loads and it just goes straight to the grey apple screen. Does this sound stable?

thanks for the help!

here's a picture of my new boot screen. I hit return and it goes right into the grey apple screen, turns blue, and then goes to my desktop. The reason I named boot drive Snow Kitty is so that it's easier to tell which backups I'm working on.

P1020431.JPG

Attachments

• P1020431.JPG
    P1020431.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 170

beetles said:
here's a picture of my new boot screen. I hit return and it goes right into the grey apple screen, turns blue, and then goes to my desktop. The reason I named boot drive Snow Kitty is so that it's easier to tell which backups I'm working on.

P1020431.JPG

This is the default mutlibeast boot screen it is normal doesnt affect on boot the blue bar is a countdown to boot it is normal as well, you need to play around on boot.plist. iboot cd always loads same configuration, system preferences and extensions. These all can be changed.

*So if you boot with iboot cd this screen will always be the same again and again. You can install chimera bootloader and the necessary drivers (if you haven't installed before) from multibeast to your HDD and boot without ibootcd. When you have successfull installation and boot from HDD post me back and i will explain how to tweak boot menu and more.

**Necessary Drivers to boot from HDD.
-NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
-ACPIMonitor.kext
-AHCIPortInjector.kext
-AppleAHCIPort.kext
-FakeSMC.kext
-IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
-JMicronATA.kext

It's actually booting from the HD now and that's what the screen looks like. Had to double check just to make sure I'm not imagining things but the iboot cd is sitting on the desk and i've managed to boot from HD several times on it's own.

beetles said:
It's actually booting from the HD now and that's what the screen looks like. Had to double check just to make sure I'm not imagining things but the iboot cd is sitting on the desk and i've managed to boot from HD several times on it's own.

http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1754 Download this tool. Go to configurations tab. Under the general option there is an drop down option for countdown.

*General
-Quiet Boot = Boots Default HDD without boot loader screen.
-Instant Menu = Displays the list of HDD and lets you to choose which one to boot.
-Timeout Xs = You can assign how many seconds the bootloader screen can wait until boot to default HDD (The blue bar is this)
When you choose a setting according to your needs hit Apply and restart.

*Themes
This where you can change the boot-loader theme. If you hit + you'll see themes list and you can choose one to install.

***IMPORTANT***
Don't Touch anything you don't know. You can mess up your boot.

seems stable enough as is. Now if i could just get that fricken' audio working again. it teases me by popping the speakers on startup but still not recognizing the in/outs.

beetles said:
seems stable enough as is. Now if i could just get that fricken' audio working again. it teases me by popping the speakers on startup but still not recognizing the in/outs.

Did you installed ALC8XXHDA from Multibeast. Or other individual audio drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back