Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So after a few weeks of research and self convincing, Im taking the plunge into Hackintosh Land. I didnt want to cheap out or go too crazy so below this message in my info is a list of the build at this point. Most of it is right off the CustoMac Pro build page suggestions...with a SSD for the OS and a simple SATA DVD burner.

This is my first build so Im a complete noob with this stuff and AANNYY input, suggestions, pointers, insults or walkthroughs would be more than welcome......And is it really going to be as easy as the "iBoot + MultiBeast" blog page is making it seem. A burnt DVD from my old Dell XPS and a S.L. DVD??? Or as Im expecting will I be looking at a few days of sleepless nights of blog stalking??

Again, any input is appreciated no matter how obvious or repeated it may be

unibeast usb lion clean install

I dont have a Mac currently.....from what Im reading I need to have a Mac already running to do the 1st UniBeast USB part....is this not the case now???

againstone said:
I dont have a Mac currently.....from what Im reading I need to have a Mac already running to do the 1st UniBeast USB part....is this not the case now???

Yes you need a mac/hack or install SL to a partition on your drive and use it to create Unibeast.

According to the iBoot + MultiBeast page it doesnt mention anything about using a spare Mac.....just to DL the iBoot program, burn it to a disc, pop in the Retail SnowLeopard DVD and cross your fingers.....then run MultiBeast.

Which seems easier than the USB method....but Im still fresh to all this stuff, so Im guessing that Im mistaken

againstone said:
According to the iBoot + MultiBeast page it doesnt mention anything about using a spare Mac.....just to DL the iBoot program, burn it to a disc, pop in the Retail SnowLeopard DVD and cross your fingers.....then run MultiBeast.

Which seems easier than the USB method....but Im still fresh to all this stuff, so Im guessing that Im mistaken

:confused:

If you are following the Unibeast guide you need the mac/hack, if you are following the SL guide you do not. :|

Ok good. Thanks....Btw...how do you like the GA-Z68A-D3H-B3??? I was considering a few different motherboards

No problems so far from this board and it works flawlessly. :headbang:

Snappy, quick, and fits my pc needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back