Contribute
Register

About to install Ventura with Skylake - which OC config to follow?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X UD5
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX480
Hi, I think I have read relevant instructions, about to make my OC USB installer and gather needed kexts, etc. Have this message from installer creation step:

Install media now available at "/Volumes/Install macOS Ventura"

Now time to set up the EFI. Just one thing is not very clear: Skylake to Kabylake spoof. What does this actually amount to? Is it just setting symbios to 18.3? In my case I have Radeon RX 480 and would like the intel graphics to also be available.

In terms of the configs on dortania, does spoofing mean that I follow the KabyLake config? Or do I use this Skylake config?

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/skylake.html#starting-point

I had also read that one should make the USB installer on a different computer. I made it on the computer I am installing Ventura on. I have a MacBook Air and downloaded Ventura there. Should I just redo the installer on the Macbook or not worry about it since I successfully created the installer?

thanks again

Hi, I think I have read relevant instructions, about to make my OC USB installer and gather needed kexts, etc. Have this message from installer creation step:

Install media now available at "/Volumes/Install macOS Ventura"

Now time to set up the EFI. Just one thing is not very clear: Skylake to Kabylake spoof. What does this actually amount to? Is it just setting symbios to 18.3? In my case I have Radeon RX 480 and would like the intel graphics to also be available.

In terms of the configs on dortania, does spoofing mean that I follow the KabyLake config? Or do I use this Skylake config?

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/skylake.html#starting-point

I had also read that one should make the USB installer on a different computer. I made it on the computer I am installing Ventura on. I have a MacBook Air and downloaded Ventura there. Should I just redo the installer on the Macbook or not worry about it since I successfully created the installer?

thanks again
use Kabylake settings, SMBIOS, headless ig-platform

Ok, some final prep questions:

1. I notice instructions mention using HfsPlus but I also see OpenHfsPlus. Just go with HfsPlus?

2. When instructions about network devices talk about "cards" does that also include USB "cards"? In System Report under USB 3.0 I see

802.11ac NIC:
Product ID: 0x0115
Vendor ID: 0x2357
Version: 3.00
Speed: Up to 5 Gb/s
Manufacturer: Realtek
Location ID: 0x14400000 / 1

That must be my TP Link T4U which I currently use for internet.

Under Network wifi I see

Interfaces:
en3:
Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x111)
Firmware Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.77.111.1 AirPortDriverBrcmNIC-1615.2)
MAC Address: b8:09:8a:50:d4:76
Locale: ETSI
Country Code: X3

That must be my Fenvi t919 which I am not using but would like to be available.

And under ethernet cards I see

Intel I219V2 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet:
Name: ethernet
Type: Ethernet Controller
Bus: PCI
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x15b8
Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1458
Subsystem ID: 0xe000
Revision ID: 0x0031
BSD name: en0

3. For this onboard LAN adapter, I suppose IntelMausi kext is needed? What about AppleGB kext?

4. Is there a kext needed for the TP Link T4U? Is this USB card even supported on Ventura?

5. For the Fenvi T919 do I need anything or is it natively supported? That said, for bluetooth function of the card is something needed, or does BlueToothFixup only apply to non Fenvi cards?

Just a bit confusing figuring out what files are needed given my hardware.

thanks!

Back