Contribute
Register

"About this Mac" shows graphics as "Unknown 256 MB" - third monitor connected not responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Asrock z170 Extreme 4
CPU
Graphics
Msi gtx 1080 gaming x
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
As seen in the title, I am having a hard time getting my third monitor to connect on Sierra, but works perfectly on Windows (dual boot system).

I have already done the following to try and fix this:
-Change system definition to "iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)"
-All possible hardware tests; swapping cables, changing outputs, changing GPU. The third monitor is not exclusive to just one monitor, it is whatever is connected to the right side of the GPU outputs. (the left DisplayPort, DVI work, the others do not including HDMI) PS these ports all work on windows and is not a fault with GPU.
-"hot-plugged" both monitors (my two asus 1080p monitors to the left and right. booted on one of those and my main monitor
agon ag271q as a second monitor) in after Sierra is fully loaded. all situations the same result as an outcome.
-Reinstalling OS Sierra
-reinstalling Nvidia web drivers for the 1080.

Can somebody please help, I was suggested to check the EFI for a Nvidia injection from multibeast that may be causing the conflict but i am not sure what I am doing at this point as I've only recently moved to mac.

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 21.15.31.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 21.17.49.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 21.18.07.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 21.18.26.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 21.18.35.png

Apologies for the spam of my Config, but if anyone can see what I need to do it would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

One thing I noticed right away is that you'll want:
Code:
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<false/>
to be:
Code:
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

With that parameter as false it won't load the Nvidia web drivers at all. That parameter is at the end of the config file you posted.

In case this doesn't help, try installing EmuVariablesUEFI to fix your NVRAM, this will make it easier to enable the WebDrivers.
Code:
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<false/>
to be:
Code:
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

With that parameter as false it won't load the Nvidia web drivers at all. That parameter is at the end of the config file you posted.
Thank you both very much :)

I will do this later today, and will keep you posted.

In case this doesn't help, try installing EmuVariablesUEFI to fix your NVRAM, this will make it easier to enable the WebDrivers.
I have downloaded the following, but cannot find any tutorials and have no Idea on how to use the aforementioned. Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 15.43.59.png
I would just go from intuition but I really dont want the headache of reinstalling Sierra because i messed up on easter sunday lol

thanks

Code:
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<false/>
to be:
Code:
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

I have done what you said and the only difference is that the Nvidia web driver options no longer as a default appear in the top right corner. Nevertheless thanks as that was really annoying me :')

I have downloaded the following, but cannot find any tutorials and have no Idea on how to use the aforementioned. View attachment 248854
I would just go from intuition but I really dont want the headache of reinstalling Sierra because i messed up on easter sunday lol

thanks
Follow problem 6 here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Basically just make sure your EFI partition is mounted and then follow what it tells you to install for clover. That'll install emuvariable for you.

Follow problem 6 here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Basically just make sure your EFI partition is mounted and then follow what it tells you to install for clover. That'll install emuvariable for you.
Thanks! I have done what you suggested, but now I am really confused with this not solving the issue with a strange title for my graphics :')

Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 14.22.54.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 14.23.30.png

Video card ram is still 256 mb after the clover installation with the EmuVariablesUEFI installed.

Any suggestions? I am going to uni in september for film and three monitors is a lot more helpful than you think when video editing.
and of course it looks stupid having three monitors on a mount and only using two.

Thanks! I have done what you suggested, but now I am really confused with this not solving the issue with a strange title for my graphics :')

View attachment 249032 View attachment 249031

Video card ram is still 256 mb after the clover installation with the EmuVariablesUEFI installed.

Any suggestions? I am going to uni in september for film and three monitors is a lot more helpful than you think when video editing.
and of course it looks stupid having three monitors on a mount and only using two.

Try out Problem 4 Method 1 in that same link from above. Basically download those two kexts, get kextbeast if you don't have it already, and then install it using that.

EDIT: Also in your config.plist, change inject Intel to false under graphics. I don't think you want to inject anything for the nvidia drivers to work, although I could be wrong about that.

View attachment 249032 View attachment 249031

Looks like your computer was booted with Inject/Nvidia=True when you made this screenshot. Disable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back