Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Where did this come from? I didn't install it...
About This Hack.jpg

I have never drunk that many martinis.
[Edit: Actually I have never drunk any martinis. I have no idea how this got in my Applications folder, have never seen it before, and know nothing about its origins.]

Last edited:
Have you been drinking again and forgot that you downloaded it?.

bit like your winzip app
Maybe. In my post #5 in your link, I had discovered that Winzip had been bundled with Roxio Toast and installed without my knowledge. Maybe "About This Hack.app" was bundled with something else? But what?

It's not bundled with anything to my knowledge. I had to purposely download the app from a GitHub repository before installing it on any of my systems.

It's not bundled with anything to my knowledge. I had to purposely download the app from a GitHub repository before installing it on any of my systems.

It came bundled with two Martinis!.

Okay, I'll chalk it up to my senility. It works fine, all the info is accurate, references Sonoma's System Settings correctly, etc. I just don't remember how it got there. If I had done the install, I would have moved the app to Utilities.

You have a number of systems in your signature. Do you copy Apps from system to system, say after a clean install of macOS? This may be why you don't remember downloading the App, as it only needed to happen once for your four systems to be able to use it.

The App download is in the form of a DMG package. So it would be easy to store and share with other systems.

Back