Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Actually I'm running on the old chimera and everything works great except for the power management, no sleep and if i shutdown the cpu get "halted" and the monitor goes off but the psu fan (and also the cpu fan i think) doesn't stop itself.

So, that isn't the point of this thread;
the point is :
i'm using gfx card gt640 and i've disabled the hd4000 cause i don't want loose time to adding string but in this new chimera i've read this point:

"
- Added new boot key IGPlatformID=[value] to allow for overriding default Intel HD Graphics Platform ID for the Intel HD Graphics 2500, 3000, 4000, 4000 Mobile, 4600, 4600 Mobile and 5000 GPUs. [value] must be 8 hexadecimal digits such as 0166000A which is the default for the HD 4000.
"

This means that i can enable it and get it working without any string but simply installing chimera 2.2 ?

Actually I'm running on the old chimera and everything works great except for the power management, no sleep and if i shutdown the cpu get "halted" and the monitor goes off but the psu fan (and also the cpu fan i think) doesn't stop itself.

So, that isn't the point of this thread;
the point is :
i'm using gfx card gt640 and i've disabled the hd4000 cause i don't want loose time to adding string but in this new chimera i've read this point:

"
- Added new boot key IGPlatformID=[value] to allow for overriding default Intel HD Graphics Platform ID for the Intel HD Graphics 2500, 3000, 4000, 4000 Mobile, 4600, 4600 Mobile and 5000 GPUs. [value] must be 8 hexadecimal digits such as 0166000A which is the default for the HD 4000.
"

This means that i can enable it and get it working without any string but simply installing chimera 2.2 ?

I assume to get multiple monitors to work...

With IGPEnabler=Yes and IGPlatformID (if necessary), yes.

Rehab,
ok, but for my hd4000 idstring is a MUST ?

My point is that i want to install chimera, enable from the bios the hd4000 and then reboot to osx without having problem or kernel panic..
I don't understand if doing this i need to edit something to avoid kernel panic!

Rehab,
ok, but for my hd4000 idstring is a MUST ?

My point is that i want to install chimera, enable from the bios the hd4000 and then reboot to osx without having problem or kernel panic..
I don't understand if doing this i need to edit something to avoid kernel panic!

Try it by typing first. That way there is nothing to "undo."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back