Contribute
Register

Ableton live crashes just after running it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock M55
CPU
Intel i3
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just installed ableton 8.2.5 and it seems to never work, it always say that Ableton closed unexpectly and gives me a log about it, also tried 8.2.1 and neither works :( maybe have something to do with hardware? :crazy:

MovingBlackPlanet said:
I just installed ableton 8.2.5 and it seems to never work, it always say that Ableton closed unexpectly and gives me a log about it, also tried 8.2.1 and neither works :( maybe have something to do with hardware? :crazy:

Current version is 8.3. Try upgrading?

maybe thats the problem i would give it a try

mmm I changed it but the problem continues

Hi,

I have the same problem, it's definitly related to the graphic card cause i just replaced my geforce 7600 for the ATI HD5450 and Ableton was working fine before.

I used the ati5000injector.kext, i also tried to write the device ID on the ATI5000controler.kext & ATI3000kext : same result.

That sucks, ableton is the only software i use on this computer !!!!

I had to put back my old geforce waiting for a solution....

Hi

I'm having the same problem. Ableton 8.0.0 runs fine on my Hack but the 8.3.3 update won't work... Same issue as you guys were getting. The 8.3.3 upgrade works fine on my MBP.

Its really annoying because all the projects i have been working on on my MBP will not open in 8.0.0.

Was wondering if any of you guys found a solution...

Thanks

John

I am having the same problem, my 4890 was working fine @ 10.7.2 , now with 10.7.4; Live 8.3.3 crashes at start with the same crash report as everyone else. Tried all the suggested solutions, nothing helps.

To all you guys having problems with Ableton loading, the reason is that since it started supporting Max for Live it needs full QE/CI and you guys are probably running without it. The first thing to try is to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Even if that doesn't immediately fix it, trying that first and then reporting back with what happened next (or no change) will help decide what to try next.

In my case I had to do a lot of kext editing to get my Radeon HD6850 (PowerColor) completely supported in Lion in all the ways the manufacturer intended (works as well as it would work in Windows). This was important because I wanted to use it with triple monitors in the studio.

I can explain what I did if you can first get Ableton to load.

I have tried a Sapphire Radeon HD6450 Silent 1GB and Ableton 8.3.4 crashes on start just the same as it did with my Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon 4890. I had QE/CI working on both of them. I also was/am running GraphicsEnabler=Yes as well.

The HD6450 is recognized and supported OOB, I haven't done anything special to get it to work.

I did install the nVidia CUDA drivers but that didn't help any either ( or hurt I don't think ).

This is a FRESH install of Lion 10.7.2, Live is the only thing I have installed so far!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Any chance you can try with an older version of Live, say 8.2.2? I wonder what the problem could be then, my version of Live (the one I mentioned) works fine on OSX 10.7.4. Might try it with 10.7.5 soon too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back