Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm gonna buy an used iSight taken out from a MacBook
I've searched everywhere and I only found pinouts for the A1181 MacBook one
My question is, does this webcam work under Lion?
Thanks in advance :)

EDITED.

11. No Discussions of Unreleased Software or Developer Builds
Any discussion, mention or links to this software will be deleted. Anyone who blatantly disregards this policy will be banned.

This means ML

I do not know about the iSight camera working in Lion, I am unsure why it wouldn't if you were able to connect it properly.

eelhead said:
Any discussion, mention or links to this software will be deleted. Anyone who blatantly disregards this policy will be banned.

This means ML

I do not know about the iSight camera working in Lion, I am unsure why it wouldn't if you were able to connect it properly.

WTF?! Mountian Lion is PUBLICLY KNOWN and talked about by APPLE!! http://www.apple.com/osx/

greggsymington said:
eelhead said:

This means ML

WTF?! Mountian Lion is PUBLICLY KNOWN and talked about by APPLE!! http://www.apple.com/osx/
sigh, please take the time to read the rules of the site, thanks.

Apple discusses main features of there future OS' but what happens under the hood and all that is part of the non-disclosure agreement that all paid developers agree to.

Thanks for the condescending sigh...

And where are the rules of the site? I've looked a few times and still can't find them.

Maybe someone should sticky the rules so people can read them and know what they are...

Thanks for the tip. Was that hard?

Again... Mods are supposed to moderate, not talk down to people. I've been a MOD. Sometimes it gets under your skin. But berating, down talking and deleting threads is not a good practice.

A sticky would be the best and easiest to find area.

greggsymington said:
Thanks for the tip. Was that hard?

Again... Mods are supposed to moderate, not talk down to people. I've been a MOD. Sometimes it gets under your skin. But berating, down talking and deleting threads is not a good practice.

A sticky would be the best and easiest to find area.

Rules are one of the 7 main items on the Menu bar right next to resources and every blog post dealing with any unreleased OS is plastered with the rule I pointed out above, you choose to have a hissy fit over a rule on this site. So your childish CAPS comment was replied to in such a way that it was deserved.

Deleting comments that break the rules are all the comments that get removed, if you have an issue with that then you can take it up with the Admins who created the rules and as a moderator I posted warning about, which you blatantly bitched about. Or perhaps run off course and rampid like this one has lol.

Also everybody who signs up here are directed to read the rules but 90% choose not to as you have just demonstrated.

Rules of the tonymacx86 Forum were those "words" that you blew by to register.

If you break the Rules, which are strictly enforced on this forum, you can receive
  • an Official Warning (which gets you banned if you persist in ignoring the Rules);[/*:m:2ritcucn]
  • a punitive ban (fixed time length ban); or[/*:m:2ritcucn]
  • a permanent ban.[/*:m:2ritcucn]
Rule #7 talks to behavior which can also result in the above punishment.

teraflow said:
Hi, I'm gonna buy an used iSight taken out from a MacBook
I've searched everywhere and I only found pinouts for the A1181 MacBook one
My question is, does this webcam work under Lion?
Will it work in Mountain Lion? (I know it's not even out yet, but I know ML only supports 64 Bits kexts, hence my question)
Thanks in advance :)
Hi, teraflow!

Well, to answer your question, after your thread got hijacked, is yes, an iSight camera will work in Lion. You have a very good probability that it will also work in Mountain Lion, too. I have external iSight cameras which use the Firewire connections. They work great in Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6) and Lion (10.7). I've got one on my HDTV connected to my HacHTPC and use it for FaceTime with my family. Best webcam I've used, even though it's several years old.

However, I don't know anything about a build-it-your-self iSight configuration. If you get the connections correct, it should work with iChat & FaceTime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back