Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok, so I'm currently running a wonderful hackintosh with OSX Lion and no problems, thanks to all your help and advice!

I know this might not be the best place to ask for help on this issue, but I thought I'd try: I just installed Windows 7 on an extra hard drive I had laying around, and at first glance it works fine, except it can't connect to the internet. I'm connected with an ethernet cable and have no problems whatsoever when I boot into the OSX drive on the computer, but when I boot into the Windows side, it says it doesn't recognize any connection at all.

I am using an Apple Airport Extreme router for a wireless network (for mobile devices), but I'm just running an ethernet cable out of that to the computer because I didn't want to bother adding an airport card. This works fine for the hackintosh, but not so much for the PC Windows side of the machine. Anyone know if I need to install some drivers, and if so, will they wreak havoc on my hackintosh? I only really want windows for some games and such.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Processor: Intel i7 2600K

Re: A Windows question

I only run Windows a lone but I know for my current motherboard I must install drivers to get the ethernet to work, on my other motherboard I didn't have to do that.

Also, if your Window installation is on another hard drive I don't believe it can screw up your hackintosh, I mean, it's on a different drive, right? (I havent tried myself but it's self-explaining)

So go to Gigabyte's site and download the LAN/Ethernet drivers and wish for the best!

Ok, thanks! I guess I was a little confused about how drivers work (still a noob at this stuff)

Try the drivers off the mobo site.

If you have a little usb dongle lying around, use that and use Windows update.

I had a problem where the LAN did not work even though I installed OS X first before Windows but a few Windows update and a hard reboot did it for me.

I personally dual boot my system. What I can tell you is this: If you aren't able to get the drivers because you can't connect to the internet, boot into OS X, download the drivers, and then either email it to yourself, or, put it on a USB drive. Then boot back into Windows and run the file. Once the driver is installed, you should be able to connect to the internet.

Topic moved from Customization to Other Apple Hardware.

Thread header also edited to show that Apple Driver questions in Windows is what OP is looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back