GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
My Hackintosh goes to sleep when I choose sleep from the Apple menu with no problem but it won't go to sleep own it's own after set time period. I have everything checked. Anyone else having this issue or is it normal for Hackintosh? Also my iMac will dim the screen after a few minutes inactivity. Can this be done on Hackintosh?

Re: A sleep question

Yes, that is exactly how mine does.

Mine behaves like this too, sleep only works from the menu. It's really not a big deal to me, I read over at macrumors that many Macs running SL have the same problem.

I'm currently experiencing the same issue.

However, sleep after X minutes was working for me yesterday prior to a complete reload of OSX and all software. I'm going to try swapping out some different DSDT versions i have to see if that makes any difference. :banghead:

EDIT

Fixed per the info in this thread.

I do in fact have an LG DVD writer, and PleaseSleep fixed the issue for me.

Whoohoo!

Brilliant - PleaseSleep works for me too.

I have a samsung Blu-Ray drive and was having exactly the same issues. When the timer kicked in the HDD light and the optical drive activity light would flicker occasionally and the machine wouldn't sleep properly.

Great work!

IceBear said:
Brilliant - PleaseSleep works for me too.

I have a samsung Blu-Ray drive and was having exactly the same issues. When the timer kicked in the HDD light and the optical drive activity light would flicker occasionally and the machine wouldn't sleep properly.

Great work!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
I can verify that it works for me too! Thanks for referencing this great tool!

PleaseSleep
http://www.dragonone.com/products/macosx/pleasesleep/

PS: If you don't like the PleaseSleep icon in the menubar or floating
1. Right click the app, choose Show Package Contents
2. Navigate to Resources and delete all image files
3. Set to menubar in preferences- and it's invisible!

:thumbup: :mrgreen: :thumbup:

woah i just checked auto sleep via Energy Saver and it works for me now! (without PleaseSleep btw.) this is a big plus as im pretty energy conscious.

specs are in sig below and im using Chameleon 2.0 RC4 with AsereBLN 1.1.9, 32-bit Boot plist with the iMac 11,1 smbios and the DSDT from MultiBeast 0.9.9 with BIOS F8.

I know this is an old post, but I have been having trouble with my sleep after x amount of time. I installed this and it seemed to work, but then i tried to wake my computer and I get the kernal panic message. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I want to have sleep, but I also want to be able to use my computer...

Hey there,

I also have a problem with autosleep. I tried almost everything: reset my bios settings, unplugged my LG-DVD drive... but it doesn't go to sleep automatically. Only the screen goes to sleep.

Is there a fix without extra software?

cr4nky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back