Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P55M-UD4-F11
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
RX 580
Hi all, just a quick query I have about the database. At the bottom of the page there is a note that says:
"Unless otherwise noted, the DSDTs in this database are taken directly from a DSDT extract from the specific motherboard, and have been edited with CMOS reset, UHCI/EHCI, IDE (SATA), PIC/TMR/HPET, SBUS, and HDEF. "

Some of the motherboards have (Vanilla- No Modifications) sorry if this is a stupid question but what does this mean, that the DSDT file has not been modified and therefore needs to be modified for it to work, or that there was no need to modify the DSDT file and will work straight out of the box with the vanilla kernel? (Which is what I'm presuming :) )

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

- Frank

I am 99% sure he wouldn't put vanilla DSDT's up if you had to modify them yourselves. I would assume that whatever is in the database is what you should use.

Is your mobo listed as having a vanilla DSDT in the database?

malvadojedi said:
Hi all, just a quick query I have about the database. At the bottom of the page there is a note that says:
"Unless otherwise noted, the DSDTs in this database are taken directly from a DSDT extract from the specific motherboard, and have been edited with CMOS reset, UHCI/EHCI, IDE (SATA), PIC/TMR/HPET, SBUS, and HDEF. "

Some of the motherboards have (Vanilla- No Modifications) sorry if this is a stupid question but what does this mean, that the DSDT file has not been modified and therefore needs to be modified for it to work, or that there was no need to modify the DSDT file and will work straight out of the box with the vanilla kernel? (Which is what I'm presuming :) )

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

- Frank

Ok, well the (Vanilla- No Modifications) means that the file has NOT been edited. It's the straight vanilla un-edited extract that someone had sent me. Hope this helps- sorry to be brief. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back