Nvidia GTS 450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys,

New to this forum, and recently discovered the awesome option of hackintoshing, had one question though. Is it possible for me to partition my windows hard drive (over 500GB, lying around) and install the OS X on that partition? Have a feeling this isn't possible?
Or does it have to be installed on a complete new build?

I'm new to this so I'm sorry if its a stupid question.

It's possible. There's a lot of information here, most of it is more or less legible. Just keep reading.

Thanks for the heads up :), anything you could point me to??...

soulja786 said:
Thanks for the heads up :), anything you could point me to??...

Use the search function to look for "partition," "dual boot" or a similar relevant keyword.

You guys really dont make new members feel at ease or at home do you. So much for helping a novice out.

its not a stupid question, and one that isnt that widely discussed, and even though there is info about it, can still be quite tricky.

personally, i would buy another 500gb hard drive to keep things separate and simple

soulja786 said:
You guys really dont make new members feel at ease or at home do you. So much for helping a novice out.

Seriously. I typed "Dual boot hackintosh" into google, and there were several guides right at the top of the page. The people here are really helpful, but a lot of people seem to come here and expect to be spoon fed the entire process without doing any of the research on their own. Good luck on your hack. :)

soulja786 said:

Hey souljaboy... people here are helpful, but not into the habit of spoon-feeding.

personally, i would buy another 500gb hard drive to keep things separate and simple

+1... no, +100000+

Best advice. and only costs you $35!

powerpcg5 said:
soulja786 said:
Hey souljaboy... people here are helpful, but not into the habit of spoon-feeding.

i agree, but to a level (ie if its something tricky like dual booting on one drive its fine to ask questions imo, but not on how to use multibeast, iboot etc)

i also dont agree in members acting like ass-holes to 'noobs', especially when they were in the same position once.

take this for example
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21217&p=135980#p135980

its hypocrisy. we were all a bit perplexed about some part of osx86 at one part.

the reason this forum/blog was started was to provide noob friendly info on osx86. it doesnt need to be turned into some of the other osx86 forums out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back