GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
First here are / were my hackintosh config :
i3-530 @4.2GHz
GA-H55M-USB3
4*2GB DDR3-1600
9600GSO > 9600GT > 8400GS > HD 4850

With UniBeast I got ML running smoothly but NOT perfectly. Random kernel panic happens approximately once a week with 10.8/10.8.1. After updated to 10.8.2 it got worse than ever. In the end I have to completely disabled VT-d in order get a usable system, but still getting random kp.

I know some of you are rolling back to older version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext. I didn't do it. Actually I got this by chance…. I gave away the 9600GSO, soon the 9600GT in use is dead, I replaced it with an old 8400GS. After so I noticed that random kp happens a lot more frequent, it became almost once a day. This made me realise that kp might be caused by the graphic card.

I installed a Radeon HD 4850 and gave it daily test for a few days, surprisingly it is rock stable with no kp. I turned on VT-d and continued using it for further few days, still without a problem. Up till now I have been running it over one week without any issue, believe I can conclude that I got rid of the kp finally!!

Due to varies in hardware config, I am not saying Nv cards causing the kp, instead I am writing here as idea for you guys : if you got the the same kp with similar config, try swapping the graphic cards.

Good luck!
Semson

Thanks for your report. I am having exact the same problems you described.
I tried a 8800gts and a 9600gt. Sometimes my system works perfect and the other day i get KP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back