Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,
I really love how my ProBook turned out and I'd like to personally thank the guy who built the DSDT. I have no problems whatsoever, except for the dodgy Bluetooth(something I don't really care about) and the External Mic.

Since I still do podcasts on a weekly basis, the non-working External mic kinda' bugs me. So I decided to search for a cheapskate way out of the only problem I really have with my Hackintosh and I found this USB Sound card on DealExtreme, which says it's "Driver-free installation when used with modern Operating Systems" and "Supports Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Linux/Mac OS" :

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/virtual-5- ... ull%20view

Do you think it'll make it work ?

I bought something like that for my previous Hackintosh Laptop (sound didn't work at all) and it worked with Leopard but after a month suddenly stopped (it was just broken, it didn't work with windows as well )Then I found soulution for sound problems and I forgot about it ;] You probably know it but don't expect good quality from $2 usb soundcard :D

You'd be surprised how much I got out of a 10$ Capture card I got off the same website, hell it still works :D

It should work OTB and you can buy 3-4 of them just in case :D

umm I'm not sure why guys but my external mic works, I've been connecting my guitar to it and using garage band for weeks!

Well, mine kinda works too - it's recognized as line in.

My mic socket works too - also listed under Line In.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back