Contribute
Register

A new build, looking for info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
CPU
i5 > Need full CPU model name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 4000; GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi, I plan for a new build. Z490 based. mini ITX. With the following specs:
2 x M2
2.5GHz ethernet
SPDIF audio , 12xx based
HDMI 2.0(b) 4K@60
DP 1.4 4K@60
bluetooth (Apple keyboard, mouse, and trackpad and Airdrop)
USB 3.1 gen 1
USB 3.1 gen 2
USB 3.2 gen 2
Thunderbolt could be nice to attach a docking station for more connectivity

Is there a board out there available (I was not able to find it) and is there any experience with Mojave/Catalina install already?

My original idea was the ASrock Z390 mITZ Phantom Gaming, but this one is very hard to get. It also does not provide 2.5GHz networking tht I plan to use for accessing external storage.

I just stumbled over it :) The AsRock Z490 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3 seems to fit my bill. Great to see there is a whole thread on this one. Life can be beautiful

Hi, I plan for a new build. Z490 based. mini ITX. With the following specs:
2 x M2
2.5GHz ethernet
SPDIF audio , 12xx based
HDMI 2.0(b) 4K@60
DP 1.4 4K@60
bluetooth (Apple keyboard, mouse, and trackpad and Airdrop)
USB 3.1 gen 1
USB 3.1 gen 2
USB 3.2 gen 2
Thunderbolt could be nice to attach a docking station for more connectivity

Is there a board out there available (I was not able to find it) and is there any experience with Mojave/Catalina install already?

My original idea was the ASrock Z390 mITZ Phantom Gaming, but this one is very hard to get. It also does not provide 2.5GHz networking tht I plan to use for accessing external storage.

Most boards with built in WIFI have to have the chip replaced to work at least is the case with Gigabyte, Asus since there are no drivers for intel wifi adaptor. Someone was working on a linux port but I am not sure if it was ever perfected or if they gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back