Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, I have a problem.
I am trying to install macOS Sierra (Hackintosh my laptop), and I have one little problem.
I have a Dell Latitude E6230. Here are the specs:
Motherboard: Dell 089JM2 Version A00
CPU: Intel [email protected]
RAM: 8GB 1333MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
HDD that I am trying to install Mac on: Seagate Momentus 7200.2 (80GB) (Prepared with DiskUtility)
Flashdrive that has UniBeast installed: DataTraveler G3 (16GB)

According to Tony's guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...upported-intel-based-pc.200564/#uefi_settings <-- RIGHT HERE, the BIOS settings I have are:
VT-d is disabled
Couldn't find CFG-Lock, assuming it doesn't exist and is therefore disabled
Secure Boot Mode is disabled
Clover boots up fine, so I am assuming OS Type doesn't matter, as I couldn't find it in the BIOS
Couldn't find IO SerialPort in the BIOS, assuming it doesn't exist and is disabled.
This might be related to my problem: I could not find XHCI Handoff and I do not know if it is enabled/disabled

So now, my problem...
When I boot up to the DataTraveler, Clover boots up just fine and I select the Mac option. The Mac logo appears on the screen, like I believe it should, and the progress bar starts climbing from the left to the right.
When the progress bar hits a little more than halfway, it disappears along with the Mac logo and I see a "no" sign (looks like a circle with a diagonal line across it). I wait for some time, and it doesn't disappear, so I shut down with the power button.

That's my problem. Mac doesn't boot up all the way. I am not sure of the cause of this problem, but I have tried many things, like reinstalling Clover with Unibeast on the drive, but I still have the same problem at the exact same spot. I have even tried disconnecting EVERYTHING except the DataTraveler and the Seagate. You guessed it- same problem.

So I'm wondering how to fix the problem. If you have any ideas that I could try, then feel free to post them. It might have something to do with XHCI-Handoff, however, I cannot find any option for XHCI in the Dell BIOS.

By the hoping-to-get-an-answer Edtlogin

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

So, I have a problem.
I am trying to install macOS Sierra (Hackintosh my laptop), and I have one little problem.
I have a Dell Latitude E6230. Here are the specs:
Motherboard: Dell 089JM2 Version A00
CPU: Intel [email protected]
RAM: 8GB 1333MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
HDD that I am trying to install Mac on: Seagate Momentus 7200.2 (80GB) (Prepared with DiskUtility)
Flashdrive that has UniBeast installed: DataTraveler G3 (16GB)

According to Tony's guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...upported-intel-based-pc.200564/#uefi_settings <-- RIGHT HERE, the BIOS settings I have are:
VT-d is disabled
Couldn't find CFG-Lock, assuming it doesn't exist and is therefore disabled
Secure Boot Mode is disabled
Clover boots up fine, so I am assuming OS Type doesn't matter, as I couldn't find it in the BIOS
Couldn't find IO SerialPort in the BIOS, assuming it doesn't exist and is disabled.
This might be related to my problem: I could not find XHCI Handoff and I do not know if it is enabled/disabled

So now, my problem...
When I boot up to the DataTraveler, Clover boots up just fine and I select the Mac option. The Mac logo appears on the screen, like I believe it should, and the progress bar starts climbing from the left to the right.
When the progress bar hits a little more than halfway, it disappears along with the Mac logo and I see a "no" sign (looks like a circle with a diagonal line across it). I wait for some time, and it doesn't disappear, so I shut down with the power button.

That's my problem. Mac doesn't boot up all the way. I am not sure of the cause of this problem, but I have tried many things, like reinstalling Clover with Unibeast on the drive, but I still have the same problem at the exact same spot. I have even tried disconnecting EVERYTHING except the DataTraveler and the Seagate. You guessed it- same problem.

So I'm wondering how to fix the problem. If you have any ideas that I could try, then feel free to post them. It might have something to do with XHCI-Handoff, however, I cannot find any option for XHCI in the Dell BIOS.

By the hoping-to-get-an-answer Edtlogin

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back