Contribute
Register

A little help for a man without more ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
Intel
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I am new here, and this is my first installation with Tonymac's method. I have been trying to install Snow Leopard during 2 days, and I am a bit desperate because I can't even make the installation begin.

The hardware I am using is these:
GA-EP45-DS3 Bios F9
Core 2 Quad Q6600
OCZ Flex 2x1Gb 800Mhz
Asus nVidia 8800 GTX 768Mb
Samsung SATA 320Gb
Asus DVD-RW SATA

First I started setting Optimized Defaults in bios, Boot Priority to CD/DVD, change SATA to AHCI mode, and set HPET to 64-bit mode. Insert iBoot cd, change to SL DVD at Charmeleon promt and hit F5. Then, the next error appears all the time:

EBIOS read error : error 0x0
Block 0x0 sectors 0

Sometimes, after a while, Charmeleon detects SL DVD and sometimes not. Then, hit enter, and sometimes after a white sometimes immediately, y get a Kernel Panic.

After those tries, I used an original retail DVD, the first time was ok, I entered the installation, but when I chose language I got another Kernel Panic. That was the only time I was able to reach the installation, the next ones I got the same as before.

After some research I thought that maybe the problem was the DVD drive, so I replaced it with a LG IDE drive. With this drive I do not get the EBIOS error, but the rest is all the same.

All of this testing is done also with -x and -x -v options. I have also tried to disable LAN, audio, serial and parallel ports, firewire... but anything seems to work, and seeing that the errors are a bit random, I am very dissapointed.

I would appreciate any help, because I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance!

Yoru said:
Hi, I am new here, and this is my first installation with Tonymac's method. I have been trying to install Snow Leopard during 2 days, and I am a bit desperate because I can't even make the installation begin.

The hardware I am using is these:
GA-EP45-DS3 Bios F9
Core 2 Quad Q6600
OCZ Flex 2x1Gb 800Mhz
Asus nVidia 8800 GTX 768Mb
Samsung SATA 320Gb
Asus DVD-RW SATA

First I started setting Optimized Defaults in bios, Boot Priority to CD/DVD, change SATA to AHCI mode, and set HPET to 64-bit mode. Insert iBoot cd, change to SL DVD at Charmeleon promt and hit F5. Then, the next error appears all the time:

EBIOS read error : error 0x0
Block 0x0 sectors 0

Sometimes, after a while, Charmeleon detects SL DVD and sometimes not. Then, hit enter, and sometimes after a white sometimes immediately, y get a Kernel Panic.

After those tries, I used an original retail DVD, the first time was ok, I entered the installation, but when I chose language I got another Kernel Panic. That was the only time I was able to reach the installation, the next ones I got the same as before.

After some research I thought that maybe the problem was the DVD drive, so I replaced it with a LG IDE drive. With this drive I do not get the EBIOS error, but the rest is all the same.

All of this testing is done also with -x and -x -v options. I have also tried to disable LAN, audio, serial and parallel ports, firewire... but anything seems to work, and seeing that the errors are a bit random, I am very dissapointed.

I would appreciate any help, because I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance!
Pioneer or Sony cd/dvd drives work the best - SATA connection , not IDE.

do you really think that all of this mess is drive's fault? Any fix until the sony optiarc I ordered arrive?

any more ideas? :(

When I try with iboot Legacy, Asus SATA drive and -x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v I got this:
IMG_0251.jpg

When I try with iboot Legacy, LG IDE drive and -x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v I got this:

Attachments

• IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back