Contribute
Register

A Hackintosh Build with Legacy Hardware around G31M-ES2L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scwhaa said:
I use a g31m-es2l and it sleeps perfectly without sleepenabler, just use latest chameleon and a DSDT file to get vanilla power management, you can generate one with the auto DSDT patcher off insanelymac. I had to additionally patch the DSDT from that with audio but thats all, I think they might have added the audio patch too now.

Only kext in E/E is fakesmc and in S/L/E I think patched applehda and ati4800controller (for 4850) kexts, although I don't use LAN cable so not sure about that.
Interesting stuff. You don't use a LAN cable, so you have a wireless adapter? Thanks.

Hello folks.
Hoping that Akubichan and dct693 can assist.
I am a neophyte when it comes to OS X.

I was able to get a working system with the iBoot-Multibeast guide, except for the audio and network. My board is rev 2.4.

I used Easybeast and System Utilities to create the hard-drive-bootable setup.

I got the Atheros 8131 kext from kexts.com, but I haven't got it to work yet.

Specifically, I dropped the AtherosL1Ethernet.kext on Kext Helper B7 and ran install, but no joy. Similar results with ALC883 kext.

Did I install the kext correctly? Should I be using more of the files that are in the .zip? A different approach?

TIA for your patience.

emitflesti said:
Hello folks.
Hoping that Akubichan and dct693 can assist.
I am a neophyte when it comes to OS X.

I was able to get a working system with the iBoot-Multibeast guide, except for the audio and network. My board is rev 2.4.

I used Easybeast and System Utilities to create the hard-drive-bootable setup.

Specifically, I dropped the AtherosL1Ethernet.kext on Kext Helper B7 and ran install, but no joy. Similar results with ALC883 kext.

Did I install the kext correctly? Should I be using more of the files that are in the .zip? A different approach?

TIA for your patience.
The specific kext I used was from this page: http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=533. I used Kext Utility to install it. I don't see why Kext Helper would not work though. We both used Multibeast to set up our audio, selecting VoodooHDA 0.2.2.

dct693 said:
I use a g31m-es2l and it sleeps perfectly without sleepenabler, just use latest chameleon and a DSDT file to get vanilla power management, you can generate one with the auto DSDT patcher off insanelymac. I had to additionally patch the DSDT from that with audio but thats all, I think they might have added the audio patch too now.

Only kext in E/E is fakesmc and in S/L/E I think patched applehda and ati4800controller (for 4850) kexts, although I don't use LAN cable so not sure about that.

Very cool - I'd like to try DSDT patching myself, when I can give my Hackintosh a downtime.

emitflesti said:

What dct693 says; I notice you mention "more of the files" in the zip. The AtherosL1CEthernet zip file we used would unpack into a single .kext - which is a folder but a special kind represented by a 'Lego piece" icon in the Finder. It should be drag-dropped onto Kext Helper (I'm sure it works too) in entirety. Check if your zip file unpacked correctly in this way. Maybe it didn't and unpacked as a regular folder for some reason.

Oh, and emitflesti I have a curiosity question. How is the onboard graphics working?

Good luck!

dct693 said:
Scwhaa said:
You don't use a LAN cable, so you have a wireless adapter?

Yeah on this machine I have a D-link USB adapter that uses realtek drivers and software, quite nasty. I have another box setup with a dell mini-pci wireless card (forget which number, the N one) and pci adapter, that works a lot better, natively with airport. Apparently you can flash firmware in linux and then OSX thinks its apple branded and it'll work better again, I might get around to that one day.

Here is the DSDT if anyone wants to try it, it was done with MaLd0n's auto patcher but I had to add the audio patch I found somewhere else, he might have updated the auto patcher since I used it a while ago. Also you'd want to make sure:

<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

is in your boot plist, and you're using recent chameleon revision, to get the vanilla stepping.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    12.8 KB · Views: 175
Akubichan/dct693

got net working with "l1c" not "l1" atheros kext thanks to you.

Sound works w/ voodoo 0.2.2.

I wish i could get alc883 working with dsdt, but no luck so far...

do you think it requires an applehda rollback (a la multibeast)? I am on 10.6.6.

thanks again.

Akubichan said:
Oh, and emitflesti I have a curiosity question. How is the onboard graphics working?

Good luck!

No problems, however i don't think i have qe/ci. BTW, how would i know?

Akubichan said:
For wired ethernet connection, downloaded AtherosL1cEthernet.kext from kexts.com and installed it with Kext Utility

Please let me know how did you succceed installing AtherosL1cEthernet.kext.
I encountered endless problems with kexthelper b7 because it asks for an user password that doesn't work. I created also a root user but with no luck.

Actually AtherosL1cEthernet.kext can't be downloaded from kexts.com due of an error. :(

Does AtherosL1cEthernet.kext enable just the internal LAN or must be used with LAN PCI Card? (i.e. the internal LAN never works with SL)

Please HELP
Thanks
Michael

emitflesti said:
Akubichan said:

Good luck!

No problems, however i don't think i have qe/ci. BTW, how would i know?

Try running an application that uses a lot of animation effects, like any of the screensavers, or Front Row. Glad to hear you got the LAN working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back