Contribute
Register

a generally question: How can i install yosi without a working MAC station?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA x99 SOC Force
CPU
E5 2699v3
Graphics
Quadro FX 5600 ( for win ) - with the original Mac OSX drivers
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey.......Hello....

I want to install yosi but thats a terrible way to finish it.

I got a GA x99 SOC Force - a 5930K - 16gb Gskill - and a evga gtx 260 which works fine also shows the video of the snow mac installation.

the way to get yosi run is, correct me if im wrong,

install Snow leo - Update it to 10.6.8 ( i do it with my retail CD no stick...)
Use Mountain Lion Multi Beast to make a Stick & install it (it needs 10.6.8)
& than use Yosi Baest in Mountain Lion to mak a Yosi stick&install it (dont know if this step is next but think so)

Checked it out. under 10.6.8 ist Mountain the best possible step.

Is there really no faster way to get Yosi without another Mountain/Yosi workstation for making a stick?

:beachball:

No Way to to put iboot in, a Yosi CD in... Multibeast... & make a stick for next time...

No man... Im not new to everything... If u read the Post carefully u would know.
Cause how could i know that the system requirements for MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.5.5
are 10.6.8? and that MultiBeast - Yosemite 7.3.0 is not possible to use under 10.6.8?
:beachball:However....
By the way generally it would be very helpful if there would be a notice with System Requieremts in the info of a Download...
:beachball:However...
I had a Costum Beast Build with 10.6.5/10.6.8 with a i7 950 -the Ga ex58 EXTREME - the gtx 260 which i still use&Gskill 12Gb... Always Overclocked as high as it was possible. the eXtreme got good OC settings.
so i run the i7 3,02 4,8Qpi with 4,00 and 7Qpi. But after a bad Bios chip swich, u need to solder it.
It was sth. wrong, False chip. next switch by myself went bad cause i needed to sleep first.
so now the board is gone and i bouhgt the new build...
SO....
Anyone here that can Answer the Question?

I got a GA x99 SOC Force - a 5930K - 16gb Gskill - and a evga gtx 260 which works fine also shows the video of the snow mac installation.

Till now there is no native support on OS X for Haswell-E processors.

the way to get yosi run is, correct me if im wrong,
install Snow leo - Update it to 10.6.8 ( i do it with my retail CD no stick...)
Use Mountain Lion Multi Beast to make a Stick & install it (it needs 10.6.8)

What you mean by Use Mountain Lion Multibeast to make a Stick & install it (it needs 10.6.8)??

MultiBeast is post installation utility. After updating to 10.6.8, Download the Yosemite installation package from App Store.

Then make bootable USB with Unibeast.

For Haswell-E Processors : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a.html

than use Yosi Baest in Mountain Lion to mak a Yosi stick&install it (dont know if this step is next but think so) Checked it out. under 10.6.8 ist Mountain the best possible step.

Is there really no faster way to get Yosi without another Mountain/Yosi workstation for making a stick?

No Way to to put iboot in, a Yosi CD in... Multibeast... & make a stick for next time...

Failing to understand the above..

If you already have a machine which is running OS X, then download Yosemite from app store and make bootable usb with unibeast. Then follow the above linked guide for kernel patching.

If you don't have a machine which is running OS X, then first install SL. Then updater it to 10.6.8. Make bootable USB.

Note:- As you have a Haswell-E processor, i am not sure whether it is possible to install SL with iBoot or not.

yes... got it... whyever i thought that multi is sth like uni... must have overseen it.. was a very long day..30Hours..

with iboot Lagecy 2.7.2 and only one core in bios OS install just hangs a little.
With all Cores it hangs terrible...

To start OS u need min 2 cores or it dont starts . But it hangs more. a lot more...
Mouse more than the Keyboard...

After istalling 10.6.8 i cant reboot. Caus than it dont starts with iboot lagacy.

so thats the chance for making a stick but dont remember if unibeast need a reboot.

try it next week...

yes... got it... whyever i thought that multi is sth like uni... must have overseen it.. was a very long day..30Hours..

with iboot Lagecy 2.7.2 and only one core in bios OS install just hangs a little.
With all Cores it hangs terrible...

To start OS u need min 2 cores or it dont starts . But it hangs more. a lot more...
Mouse more than the Keyboard...

After istalling 10.6.8 i cant reboot. Caus than it dont starts with iboot lagacy.

so thats the chance for making a stick but dont remember if unibeast need a reboot.

try it next week...

eh???!!!!:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back