Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Inspired by a post by lifehacker, i want to build my own dual boot hackintosh. but for my life i have only bought pre-built laptops and by no mean a tech person (I am a liberal art major), I need major help.

so my budget is $1500. I want to have a i7 2.8ghz and 8gb ram and two hard drives for windows and mac. but other than that i have no clue what i need/ what go with both mac and windows. I want this computer to be able to last me 4 years. Please, help me with this build.

any comment/ resources will be appreciated :)

edited: I want to play starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 on highest setting. but i am not a heavy gamer. but i do want something that is a bit more future-prove, if you know what i mean.

will i be able to set up cross fire if i get two of those?? if so, how?

dh22r said:
yoyoyokao said:
Crossfire is not supported in Mac OS x

i think the reference is crossfire under windows.

yes, i do mean under windows. I only used a MBP 15 so i am not very good at windows and hardware. Thanks for you guys' help

Luckily, if you build your own machine, you can update components at your leisure, should you need to. ;)

I'd say go with the 5770 as well, but it's up to you. You can run those games really well with the 5770. I'd go with the Customac build that you will see if you search around this forum and Tony's blog. Go with one of the X58 boards (UD3R?), and you should be pretty future proof. I've read that Apple isn't interested in USB3.0, but if you want to safeguard yourself, you can get a board with that capability, just in case they change their mind. :D

The Customac build is a solid build that I think is pretty future proof, and will suit all of your current needs for sure. Could probably build it for under $1k, minus the monitor, of course.

Has the 10.6.5 update given us access to any new cards? fermi?

Im curious about this aswell, I was looking at a 6xxx card or even a fermi based card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back