Contribute
Register

A fix for Bluetooth wakeup (new kext for firmware upload)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which kext is now the latest revision which should work? And what do i have to delete or not? Hmm my bluetooth isnt listed :S It looks like there is no bluetooth hardware but my model has...

I followed the instructions carefully. Backing up BT folder and the 2 files, extracted IOBluetoothFamily.kext from the 10.7.3 combo, put that kext on the desktop along with the IOAth3kfrmwr.kext... and now bluetooth is not showing up at all. :(

punce said:
I followed the instructions carefully. Backing up BT folder and the 2 files, extracted IOBluetoothFamily.kext from the 10.7.3 combo, put that kext on the desktop along with the IOAth3kfrmwr.kext... and now bluetooth is not showing up at all. :(
Did you install the kexts into /S/L/E? (For example, by running KextBeast after you placed them on Desktop). Or do you just have these kexts on the Desktop?

Im having trouble too. I have tried installing the fix a few times already, always with the same problems, either the bluetooth disappears completely or when it does install bluetooth freezes after sleeping and trackpad acts erratic. No matter what I do, I cannot get the bluetooth to stay on after sleep. Then when I roll back the Kexts, bluetooth completely disappears and I cannot get it back. This is for a Probook 4530s w/Atheros card. I have tried bluekings files as well as donkeys?
Any ideas?

update: it was the bios. I updated to F20 and it works

I too had problems when I deleted the /BT folder and restored the vanilla kext. However when I rolled back blueking's files while leaving mac4mat's kext everything seemed to be working fine from normal boot and sleep. Still testing. Anyone know of problems this mix might cause?

Thanks,

Humbe

Update to previous post. Have paired with trackpad and keyboard. Keyboard working without problem. The trackpad is extremely jumpy, and speeds across the screen.

Have also been successful doing file transfers in both directions.

I'm going to try to rerun the install again with the vanilla kext.

Cheers,

Humbe

i get KIO device error on boot and the device freezes , unable to boot to the desktop

Attachments

• 2012-05-23 13.42.51.jpg
    2012-05-23 13.42.51.jpg
    848.8 KB · Views: 353
Story of my bluetooth...

I had my bluetooth working just fine except for the wake/restart not working situation. Then I used the bluetooth fix for that, but my bluetooth only works when I have my bluetooth dongle plugged it. Is there a way I can use my internal bluetooth again, but also have it working after waking up and restarting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back