Contribute
Register

A fix for Bluetooth wakeup (new kext for firmware upload)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueking said:
3 and 4 fingers swipes are iffy.

I use Apple Trackpad and 3 or 4 fingers all works just fine, use it all the time

will you include this for future pro book installer? if so i will wait for that.

I updated the zip attachment on the first page: same kext, there are no changes in functionality; the source code is almost the same; just the name space was changed from com. to local. to avoid any potential issues with the driver origins if it gets distributed further.
You don't need to update from previous version for testing.

xequtor said:
I may roll back my Apple Macbook BT hack this weekend when I will be switching LCD to 1080p.

I use Apple Trackpad and BT keyboard.

@xequtor : don't rush to roll back from your authentic macbook bluetooth - it's a very cool thing to have :clap: . I believe your solution in hardware is superior to making the atheros controller work. Just more challenging to do :)

mac4mat said:
Hi guys,
Your help with testing will be highly appreciated! The new kext IOath3kfrmwr uploads the firmware into the BT controller on HP 4530s (see the source code). Bluetooth comes alive after each boot/restart/wakeup. It can work with vanilla IOBluetoothFamily.kext from OS X 10.7.x (I tested it with 10.7.3).

If you want to try it without removing the existing BT hack (in /Extra/BT), then, after a sleep&wakeup, copy the new kext into /tmp, kext-load it and see the Bluetooth coming back alive:

sudo cp -R ./IOath3kfrmwr.kext /tmp
sudo kextload /tmp/IOath3kfrmwr.kext

For a more thorough testing, you can delete (or move to trash):

/Extra/BT
/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/local.BT-uploader.plist
/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext

and install the new kext and vanilla IOBluetoothFamily (e.g., extracted from the 10.7.3 update) into /S/L/E, for example by using KextBeast tool.

The new kext is involved ONLY with the uploading of the firmware into the Atheros controller. Please test how your Bluetooth works in general. On my system, BT works fine with transfers to/from another Mac, but communication with an old cellphone accelerates the appearance of the infamous "graphics glitches".

Works great with magic mouse and keyboard. Nothing lines nor on the screen. thanks

Lorengrin said:
Works great with magic mouse and keyboard. Nothing lines nor on the screen. thanks

Thanks! It's great to hear :) Do you have 8GB memory?

works perfect for the mouse and keyboard.
no line, but first time setup i have to force quit system preferences. but after that works perfectly. finally i can put my apple keyboard and mouse to work.

Can someone report on Magic Trackpad 3 and 4 finger swipes with this new kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back