Asus Geforce 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I currently have a GTX 770 which works perfectly and seamlessly with MacOS, but it has ben struggling for a while with more modern games. Before jumping the gun, I just want to ask a few questions to the knowledgeable community:)

1) Is the upgrade as simple as swapping out the cards, booting to MacOS and installing the Nvidia web drivers?

2) Does the 980 ti work just as well as the regular 980 in MacOS?

3) Does it matter which brand I chose, also does it matter if it's a non-reference design?

4) I use photoshop and lightroom a lot. Any foreseeable problems with the 980 ti running these apps perfectly?

Thanks a lot guys!

Hi guys,

I currently have a GTX 770 which works perfectly and seamlessly with MacOS, but it has ben struggling for a while with more modern games. Before jumping the gun, I just want to ask a few questions to the knowledgeable community:)

1) Is the upgrade as simple as swapping out the cards, booting to MacOS and installing the Nvidia web drivers?

2) Does the 980 ti work just as well as the regular 980 in MacOS?

3) Does it matter which brand I chose, also does it matter if it's a non-reference design?

4) I use photoshop and lightroom a lot. Any foreseeable problems with the 980 ti running these apps perfectly?

Thanks a lot guys!

The Buyer's Guide has GTX 980Ti doesn't really matter which one you get but you will need Nvidia Web Drivers in order to use the 980Ti in OSX/macOS. You can just do a swap.

Great, thanks! Going shopping for a used 980 ti. Have an awesome weekend!

Hi, just wonderig how did the swap go for you? I did the same with a 770- 980 swap but then I couldn't boot into MacOs, i just had the black screen with the cursor, so I put my 770 back... gonna try installing the drivers first then swap again...

... OK, because I`m not that patient type and I like to experiment, I went ahead and did what I should`ve for the first time... that is, install the nvidia drivers first, then swap the cards, and it booted back into MacOS without a glitch! (FYI, I have a generic Palit 980 and it works perfectly) :) Good luck with your swap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back