Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hiya all
i have a gigabyte x58-usb3 1366 socket motherboard with intel i7 and the stock fan is like a ******* hoover late at night.
investigation suggests that most after market coolers will overlap the ram slots of which mine are full of a chunky 24gn of corsair ram.
so any suggestions of a budget choice or plan, the sheer number of coolers and size options are bewildering me.
id rather not pay out the extra dollah for water cooling as there are many more bits for hits to be bought

just a quick poll of the hive

ta
and happy new year
xx

Well semi water cooling with an integrated solution like the corsair h series could be the way to go. But then again, my arctic cooling freezer 13 pro barely cost anything, is very very good and quiet, and doesn't overlap any slots.

ahh thats interesting, im looking at the arctic range, they do look slim and a nice and cheap. a shop yoyo tec i spoke to laughed at this option, but i think, its looking good.
thanks for the tip

Master Cooler V8

waipeinan said:
hiya all
i have a gigabyte x58-usb3 1366 socket motherboard with intel i7 and the stock fan is like a ******* hoover late at night.
investigation suggests that most after market coolers will overlap the ram slots of which mine are full of a chunky 24gn of corsair ram.
so any suggestions of a budget choice or plan, the sheer number of coolers and size options are bewildering me.
id rather not pay out the extra dollah for water cooling as there are many more bits for hits to be bought

just a quick poll of the hive

ta
and happy new year
xx

Go read up on coolers at http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/ You will find tests and reviews of all of the late coolers going back several years.

My favorite is the Thermaltake Frio.

neil

I use a cooler master 212+.
I did have to mount the fan on the other side of the cooler so it would not interfere with the ram slots. From what ive read, there is no real difference between the CPU cooler fan configured in a push or pull setup.

thanks all
investigating and will report back

Most Zalman coolers are very quiet and do not interfere with the ram slots in any way. I'm using a CNPS9900 Max with 4 sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back